RadioSEGA Review: SEGA Mega Drive Collection Vol. 1

Use this forum for all your game reviews, SEGA or otherwise. All threads will be moderated.
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

I'd like to try the GBA version of Altered Beast..I'm going to do that in a little while. Maybe I'll even submit a review of it somewhere. Not here, unless of course you want me to since I'm not on the Review Team or whatever but.. o_O -shrugs- It's a contribution somewhat, right?
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

I never seen a GBA version of Altered Beast. That would have been a nice game to my collection :/
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

I just now got ahold of it. I'm about to try it out. I'll give a few thoughts on it in a little while.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

^ Nice going to wait for your thoughts of the game. Probably going to pick it up if its good
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

It's..okay. It doesn't have any of the charm that the original had, and the control is..well..not very good. It's playable and everything but it's just not nearly as fun as the original. The graphics are a definite step up and there a little still-frame cut scenes but that's where the fun stops to be honest. It's playable though, and a HELL of alot more difficult. There's no shortage of enemies on screen whatsoever. I've played two levels so far and it's just..okay. Nothing to write home about and definitely not as good as the original. Also the first boss is laaaame. If you're really interested, download the ROM and try it before you buy.

I also forgot to add that if I were to ever review this, I'd give it a 2 or 3 out of 5 overall.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Wrath Oskvro wrote:I'd like to try the GBA version of Altered Beast..I'm going to do that in a little while. Maybe I'll even submit a review of it somewhere. Not here, unless of course you want me to since I'm not on the Review Team or whatever but.. o_O -shrugs- It's a contribution somewhat, right?
There's nothing stopping you. It just won't be up on the front page.

Somewhat related but clearly tis the season, Altered Beast was mentioned in this months Angry Video Game Nerd. :D
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Wasn't Golden Axe's last game, Beast Rider? Too bad it wasn't much of a good game. What a bad end for the Golden Axe series.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Beast Rider...yeeess..Buggy, ugly, utterly awful piece of shockingly shite shite.

I really do wonder if anybody actually QA tested that game before it was released. And if it was, I wonder if they had their eyes open whilst doing it.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

What's even more baffling is how SEGA let them make two Ironman games before shutting their asses down.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Too bad there was no multi-player in the game.