SEGA Dreamcast Collection

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

Im confident that JGR is going to be in it. If its not im not buying it unless skies of arcadia is in it xD
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

Biggest sonic fan wrote:^Than what if they combine both consoles in one collection(Including Knuckles and the Chaotix)?
The better thing to do would be to do a second Mega Drive Collection that includes 32x & MCD games. I'd buy it.

The chances of 3rd party Dreamcast games appearing are pretty unlikely though.
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

Well they've announced what'll be on the collection. I knew it was too much to ask for Sega to put some effort into this.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011- ... n-detailed
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

Well this is absolute rubbish. C'mon Sega, I know we're not all connected to the Internet these days, but you could have put more effort in and delivered a proper collection.

I guess they're just gonna port their online versions to disc as they announce them, which may mean people might not even bother buying them on XBLA/PSN, thus defeating the point of it all.
Page
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Page »

Am I reading this right?

"It includes four games: Sonic Adventure, Crazy Taxi, SEGA Bass Fishing and Space Channel 5: Part 2."

SEGA, really?

We have our very own Mystic Meg!
Kaito-kun wrote:I reckon it'll be the games that are being released onto Xbox Live/PSN. So that'll be Crazy Taxi, Sonic Adventure, SEGA Bass Fishing and Space Channel Five.

Jet Set Radio would be nice though. As would Shenmue.

Spooky... :blink:
Page
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Page »

Kaito-kun wrote:I reckon it'll be the games that are being released onto Xbox Live/PSN. So that'll be Crazy Taxi, Sonic Adventure, SEGA Bass Fishing and Space Channel Five.

Jet Set Radio would be nice though. As would Shenmue.

Spooky... :blink:
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Should have put bets on this.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

It's not unsurprising. You could've seen it coming after the four Volumes of Mega Drive Classic Collections on the PC. Aside from one or two games in each collection, they are all virtually the same as what was on the Ultimate Collection released on 360/PS3 two years ago.

The only real concern is that SEGA haven't called this Dreamcast Collection Vol. 1. It's almost as if these four games are going to be the only ones that come out...
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

They probably are.

They've also made it totally pointless to even bother releasing the other two games on PSN/XBLA as getting this will probably work out cheaper after the week 1 bomb and it's easy to find for <£20
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Depends on what the RRP is. As SEGA themselves noted, the MD collection was crazy popular, and the DC collection might be as well.

I would imagine the RRP would be around £25-30, with retailers marking it down another £5 or so, as seems to be the norm.