The "RadioSEGA needs THIS song!" topic

Have something to say, or having any issues? Let us know...
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Well that solves F-Zero but that still doesn't explain why I can also find Mario music in there such as Mario Kart and Super Mario Galaxy.
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

Weren't there talks about filtering out Nintendo licensed music at some point?
Since it would make no sense to have past Mario songs on a SEGA radio.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Quills on Wheels wrote:Well that solves F-Zero but that still doesn't explain why I can also find Mario music in there such as Mario Kart and Super Mario Galaxy.
Wait what? The only thing Mario on the playlist is from the Mario & Sonic Olympic series, and even then RS only included the Sonic-based tracks along with the event music.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Quills on Wheels wrote:Well that solves F-Zero but that still doesn't explain why I can also find Mario music in there such as Mario Kart and Super Mario Galaxy.
This IS RadioSEGA.....Mario and Sonic is an exception I believe, but straight Mario titles such as Galaxy and Mario Kart are no way SEGA related. Imma see for myself if they are there....wow how funny is that huh? XD

EDIT: Wow, some of Mario's songs in there. I'd say that since it's Mario AND Sonic the whole soundtrack is uploaded. And since SEGA is the publisher for all regions except Japan, and since this site is in the West the whole soundtrack gets uploaded?
Whooa21
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Whooa21 »

There's no Mario Kart soundtrack, where did you find it???
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

whooa21 wrote:There's no Mario Kart soundtrack, where did you find it???
Not Mario Kart specifically, but it's in the Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympics soundtrack on the server. Just search 'Kart' and "Mario Kart Wii Coconut Mall" is there. The only MKart-releated thing there.
Whooa21
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Whooa21 »

Ohhhh! Now I see it!
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

TheChaosBlue wrote: SEGA is the developer for all regions except Japan, and since this site is in the West the whole soundtrack gets uploaded?
You mean publisher, right? It's pretty hard to be the developer in one region but not in another...
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Kaito-kun wrote:You mean publisher, right? It's pretty hard to be the developer in one region but not in another...
Right, my apologies. I'll edit that error then. I'm not thinking straight today. (Like I always am when I'm on here...)
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

So you're saying that the Mario Galaxy songs and MK songs are from Mario and Sonic in the Olympic games?