The "RadioSEGA needs THIS song!" topic

Have something to say, or having any issues? Let us know...
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

Vixtro wrote:...there's plenty of duplicates of other songs on the 24/7 playlist already, some even are just straight copies. For example, "Jungle -A Lush Load-" (one of my fave PSO songs) is on both the "Phantasy Star Online" and "Phantasy Star Online Episode 1&2" albums.
Thanks for sharing this! It's hard to keep track of all the duplicates. I'll get on it asap.
Vixtro wrote:One of my favourite things to do was queue the album up in an order so the instrumental versions would play before the originals, so it made it just that bit more special when the vocal tracks played.
That illustrates my point. We're aiming for more variety, which is way we've changed the rules slightly and are trying to remove duplicates. Thanks for understanding!
Vixtro
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Vixtro »

KC wrote:Thanks for sharing this! It's hard to keep track of all the duplicates. I'll get on it asap.
Here's some more then just off the top of my head, I'll just post them all and you decide to pick which ever one to keep:
Click to reveal
Click to reveal
Click to reveal
Click to reveal
Click to reveal
Click to reveal
Click to reveal
Click to reveal
Click to reveal
Click to reveal
Ravsieg
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Ravsieg »

At least on "The King of Speed" you definitely got a few different versions out there. They're duplicates only in name. The CCE and the original versions are deeeefintely very distinguishable, and the Saturn version of the original is probably different too. And this isn't even taking into consideration the Dreamcast's 2001.

Then the "Sky High" track gets even clearer they're different. For the same reasons I stated above, plus a Sonic The Hedgehog 8-bit track meshed in, a couple of quality remixes... :P

Bottom line, I'm not sure if you researched it or if you went just by name, but many out of these are certainly not duplicates.
Jamie64326
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Jamie64326 »

I don't know if this is the right thread to ask, but is there any chance of getting the soundtrack of the GBA version of ChuChu Rocket!?
Vixtro
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Vixtro »

Ravsieg wrote:At least on "The King of Speed" you definitely got a few different versions out there. They're duplicates only in name. The CCE and the original versions are deeeefintely very distinguishable, and the Saturn version of the original is probably different too. And this isn't even taking into consideration the Dreamcast's 2001.

Then the "Sky High" track gets even clearer they're different. For the same reasons I stated above, plus a Sonic The Hedgehog 8-bit track meshed in, a couple of quality remixes... :P

Bottom line, I'm not sure if you researched it or if you went just by name, but many out of these are certainly not duplicates.
I'm making an example and thank you for proving my point. I don't think it's fair to dismiss an instrumental version of a song as a duplicate, at the end of the day, it's just discrimination.
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

Jamie64326 wrote:I don't know if this is the right thread to ask, but is there any chance of getting the soundtrack of the GBA version of ChuChu Rocket!?
Sure! It's the right thread and it's actually in my To Be Added list. Look for it soon.
Jamie64326
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Jamie64326 »

KC wrote:Sure! It's the right thread and it's actually in my To Be Added list. Look for it soon.
Thank you KC
Vixtro
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Vixtro »

I saw Zero Wing was added earlier this year, any chance we can get the only other (and better, IMO) Toaplan Shmup, Hellfire, on the 24/7 since it was also published by SEGA outside of Japan, or at least in Europe.

[video=youtube;7O4HE6mvkYQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O4HE6mvkYQ[/video]
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

Vixtro wrote:I saw Zero Wing was added earlier this year, any chance we can get the only other (and better, IMO) Toaplan Shmup, Hellfire, on the 24/7 since it was also published by SEGA outside of Japan, or at least in Europe.
Sure! Since the Mega Drive version was published by SEGA in Europe, as long as I can find it, it'll be added.
Jamie64326
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Jamie64326 »

Could we also see some of Atlus' games on here, such as Trauma Center, even though it was released before Sega's purchase of the company?