Sword of SEGA

The latest updates and comments on our Live Shows...
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

CapnCloudchaser wrote:This week is the Battle and Boss Show, so please request your favourite battle and boss themes! If anyone knows any from the Yakuza series that would be great, as I'm not that familiar with 'em... Gotta have a mix :P
Well I can onyl really give suggestions from Yakuza 3, but "Bruise" is a good random encounter battle theme, "D2A" is from a certain event battle and "End Point" is the epic final boss music.
Retrix
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Retrix »

A battle and boss show? This should be good!

I'd like to request "Final Battle" from Skies of Arcadia, and "Justice Ray Part 3", the final boss music from Segagaga.
There was an echidna from Vegas
Whose hairstyle was totally outrageous
When asked by the cops
Why the dreadlocks
He told them the idea was Sega's

​— The Typing of the Dead
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

All good choices ;)
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

Actually I've just updated the Sword of SEGA schedule with a list of what shows will be playing, when. There may not be a show on the 1st of June (As that's my first day at work!) but instead there may be a random watered down 'anything goes' type show.

The current Sword of SEGA season will end on the 29th of June. This ties in nicely with me moving house, as I won't have the internet then anyways. So I'll probably take a break and then decide what to do with the show afterwards.

But we still have a bunch of awesome shows left! ^_^
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

The Adventure Continues!

This week, our RPG adventurers decided to ask the local priest for advice on how to get the magical sword working. Our heroes were almost arrested for breaking into the catacombs, but the clergyman recognised the magical sword as a holy relic containing the Soul Gem of Guardian Heroes!

In order to release the Soul Gem and activate the sword, our party must answer three questions. I was going to post them here, but to avoid people posting the answers in the thread, you'll need to listen to the podcast instead ;)

Get your answers to me by the next show

Next week is the Retro Night, so we'll be playing music from games on the Master System, Game Gear and MegaDrive. There are quite a few different RPG's on the Mega Drive, so it won't just be Phantasy Star and Shining Force... Although I'll expect a fair amount of them as well! Get any requests in if you have 'em.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

This week's show, which will be on at the usual time, is music from the Phantasy Star series, so if you have any favourite tracks from any of the Phantasy Star games, please request away! The PS series always seems the most popular for requests, so I am hoping for some :P

I think this may be an emotional show for me towards the end. Just selecting music from the PSO games brings back so many memories <3
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

CapnCloudchaser wrote:This week's show, which will be on at the usual time, is music from the Phantasy Star series, so if you have any favourite tracks from any of the Phantasy Star games, please request away! The PS series always seems the most popular for requests, so I am hoping for some :P

I think this may be an emotional show for me towards the end. Just selecting music from the PSO games brings back so many memories <3
You could always ditch the requests and let SAM pick the tracks. SAM hearts PS Games! XD
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

That would be too easy!

I'm gonna be a pain and delay this for another week as I still haven't gotten used to working full time and I'm just really tired XD I'm not giving up on Sword of SEGA, just taking another break ;)

But I shall try and organise myself this weekend so we can have the show next Wed. I hadn't recieved any requests yet either, so I'll blame the delay on that >_>
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

Good actually. Cause I'll be off on vacation until next week so I wouldn't have the time to handle the podcast.
You can blame the break on that too! :P
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

Sword of SEGA WILL be on this Wednesday, but at a 8pm-10pm time slot.

All shows from now on will be at 8pm-10pm. This is because I now work and need sleep :P Sorry if that is inconvenient for anyone, but there is always the podcast ^_^

This week will be the Phantasy Star show, which is more or less organised. Then the Premium Show, then the Saturn & Dreamcast show on June 29th. The last show may be on July 6th, still don't know when I'm moving house to be honest, but more than likely I'll do it as a pre-recorded show to finish off the season.

To be honest, I'm not sure if I will continue the show after these four episodes because of work, so grab 'em whilst you can!