Shadow the Hedgehog (Playstation 2)

Use this forum for all your game reviews, SEGA or otherwise. All threads will be moderated.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Biggest sonic fan wrote:
But you know, The Doomed Shadow Show tells all the flaws in a good and funny way. I am pretty sure you have watched it. If not, do it now.

I have seen that many times and I lol every time I see it!

But back to the topic, I respect the review given for the game but I have to agree with some of the peeps here have posted. For me here's what I think of the game:

-The game is wonky in some areas

-Some levels are a beast to finish (just ask my brother how he did on Mad Matrix's Dark Mission, The Doom and Lost Impact's Hero Mission) :mad:

-WAY TOO MANY storylines branching betwenn 15-17 different levels

Man, The backlash from this game is like what Ricky Garvais had gotten from hosting at the Golden Globes. :P
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

sonicfanRICH wrote:You know what pissed me off most is that no matter what side you're on, both the damn alien creatures and humans will attack you when you're trying to do the stupid missions. I loved the moments when you could use Chaos Blast and Chaos Control though.
Yeah, that was a bit odd. You would've thought that, if you were siding with the Black Doom/G.U.N., they'd treat you as a friendly.

Maybe they were meant to, but much like most if not all of the game, it wasn't tested properly.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Gavvie wrote:Yeah, that was a bit odd. You would've thought that, if you were siding with the Black Doom/G.U.N., they'd treat you as a friendly.

Maybe they were meant to, but much like most if not all of the game, it wasn't tested properly.
Maybe it's like Farcry 2 where you're undercover so they still have to treat you like an enemy (and they don't have to bother programming in friendly AI).
metalgamer
Level 8
Level 8

Post by metalgamer »

Gavvie wrote: The other 95% of the time, you're constantly reminded that this was what was regarded at the time as SEGA/Sonic Team's best attempt at a third person shooter, using a franchise that was never intended for that genre, and a character that nobody even wanted

Yeah, I get you on that, but at least they kept the main theme as a platformer. Personally, I don't like most shooter games anyway, but even if I did, it dosen't belong with the franchise. Sega or any game company should never be afraid of change or experimentation, but it don't always work. I don't see it as a third person shooter, infact I don't usually use the gun, you don't have to use the gun and the game is much more fun without the gun.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Oh I definately agree, the game is better when played as a Sonic game. Of course, doing that is going against the very nature of the game's being, but it's more than possible.
metalgamer
Level 8
Level 8

Post by metalgamer »

Biggest sonic fan wrote:I rarely used Chaos Control because unless you are doing the normal mission you will miss your whole damn objective.

But you know, The Doomed Shadow Show tells all the flaws in a good and funny way. I am pretty sure you have watched it. If not, do it now.

1. Agreed.
2.Thank you so much for introducing me to the doomed shadow show. It is amazing. I love parodies to some good games because they're clever, true and funny.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

^No prob bod, you should also check the Sonic Chronicles one too if you wana.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Wasnt there a cutscene where G.U.N was given the order to attack anything that moved? Also i could be wrong but the G.U.N soilders never attacked you in the first stage unless you attacked first
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

No, the Gun solider did attack you. Especially the ones with a machinegun.
IvyRave
Level 10
Level 10

Post by IvyRave »

I'm with metal gamer on this, I actually enjoyed the game so now that everytime I'm angry I play this game and it calms me down (it's one of the few violent games I'm allowed in the house). The only problem I have is the unfamous find the computer room level, I've died so many times it's more of a chore than fun.