Playstation Vita!

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Crow
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Crow »

Shadid wrote:This is why I'm buying Vita eventually, not buying it right away. Not FFX, not PSP games, not even UMvC3. (In part.)

All we need is a Western release. ;_;
Persona 4? Oh jeeze... My friend wouldn't shut up about that game!

He just kept going on and on and on about it...
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

It'll get one, it's part of the reason I want a Vita. It'll take forever to get here though, so I'm in no rush.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

huntergemini wrote:Yeah, same here! All I really wanted was to be able to play Dissidia 012 again.

No point in spending over $300 on a console that I'll only use for one game!
Our Game Traders shop sold the old 3000 models for $100. I found it rather a very good price. Sadly, I didn't have the money and they're closed down now.
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

Gamestop usually chuck out the PSPGo for around £50 every couple of months

And like a few others, only reason i'm considering a PSP Vita is for Persona 4: The Golden
If its anything like what P3P did for P3/FES then i'm all for it :D
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Matty wrote:Gamestop usually chuck out the PSPGo for around £50 every couple of months

And like a few others, only reason i'm considering a PSP Vita is for Persona 4: The Golden
If its anything like what P3P did for P3/FES then i'm all for it :D
It's not. All it has is slightly sharper graphics and some new character, plus some weird social features. It is a more faithful port though.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

So...Who actually bought a Vita in the end? What do you think now that you've had time to get acquainted with it? What games have you tried?

I bought one. It's nifty.

Everybody's Golf keeps me coming back more than any of the other games that I've tried. (Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Lumines, Ridge Racer and Touch My Katamari)
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

You bought Ridge Racer? Oh dear...

I like mine. I was lucky enough to win a competition from Insert Coin Clothing for a couple of Vita games, so my collection currently consists of Uncharted, Lumines. Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus & Dynasty Warriors NEXT, though there are a couple more games I'd like to be able to play if I had a bigger memory card...

Anyway, I quite like it. It's a very nice console, and the launch lineup was surprisingly strong in my opinion. The games have seemed to dry up a little though, as they tend to do after a console launch, but there's some good ones on the way.

All in all, pretty good console. Lots better than the PSP was at this same stage in its life, so from here it should only get better.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Gavvie wrote:You bought Ridge Racer? Oh dear...
Technically I got it for free: Touch my Katamari came with a £7/€10 off voucher for it on PSN and I used £10 worth of GAME reward points to buy £10 worth of PSN credit: Amount of my own money used? £0.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

So, it's been a year since the EU release of the PS Vita. What are everyone's thoughts on the system now?

I'm still pretty pleased with it, but in order to grow/survive I believe it's still lacking some great mass appeal exclusives. While there are some great titles for the system games like Gravity Rush and Persona 4 Golden aren't likely to sell the system to your average occasional FIFA/COD playing Joe-Public. ACIII: Liberation is probably the closest the system currently has to such a game. And perhaps Uncharted? Although, if you were going to buy a Vita and Uncharted I imagine most people would have done so by now...
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

I really want one...however currently at this moment the console is way to expensive. So far all the games its had are rehashes of already existing games. It seems to be following the PSP in terms of 3rd party support (which is hardly any). Its a shame, its an amazing piece of kit. I really hope it gets time to shine