Random Chit-Chat Thread

What it says on the tin...
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

I've decided to buy a Fightpad/Brawlpad when i have enough money. Im really good at Tekken 6 with a pad (ended up in semi finals in a tournament once) But i wanna be good at games like SF and MvsC. And if we ever get it the persona 4 brawler
Crow
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Crow »

I'm not good enough at fighting games to even consider entering a tournament! I really only play them for fun, same with all other gaming genres. I don't play online that much either.

I played a couple of matches on BlazBlue: Continuum Shift online and lost both. The first person was really good. The second just spammed the same attacks over and over and wouldn't even let me attack. I've tried playing it online a few times after those matches, but I usually get kicked or I lose the connection. I've pretty much given up on playing it online now.

As for Tekken 6, I tried playing it online once, but I lost the connection as soon as I got into the match. Haven't bothered with it since. I prefer playing with my brother anyway, even though he beats me most of the time.

I haven't bothered with UMvC3 online yet.
Shadid

Post by Shadid »

well, playing at tournaments isn't easy, by any chance. I've experienced some in my local Fighting Game Community (FGC for short), and most of them really play it both for fun and for that "Player 1 Wins!" quote. Although online is a different story, most fighters will complain if you lose or just spam or just misjudge stuff you did. (example being, 2 weeks ago on MvC3:FTW, I was with Zero/Spencer/Dante, and I mostly did some BnB's with Zero and the assists, making an obvious good match. Until the same ser sent "Learn 2 do combos, not SPAM", then I laughed for the rest of the night.)

I have tried online for most of the SF4 days, because it's how you can practice, besides being in the Training menu, knowing your combos, etc. Because you keep learning what your opponent does and what could help in future games. Although I'm mediocre at Marvel 3, but that will get better.
I live here now!
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

is enjoying his "winter" break from school..... :)
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Crow
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Crow »

I played UMvC3 online for the first time yesterday and it was a lot of fun, despite the fact that I lost. I was using Vergil/Ameterasu/Chris, my usual team and damn, that guy was good! He pretty much just won the whole match with Ghost Rider alone! Then he used Ryu and BAM! I lost the match.

Ugh, the second person I thought in BlazBlue: Continuum Shift was by far the worst person I've played against in a game online so far. They were using Taokaka and just kept jumping around the screen and using the same attacks over and over again. I was using Jin and tried freezing them, to no avail.

You know what we need? A general fighting game thread.
Shaunyboy113
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Shaunyboy113 »

Does anyone still play shenmue
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

Shaunyboy113 wrote:Does anyone still play shenmue

I tried to play teh first one about six months back but my Dreamcast is a bit knackered. It kept crashing the game so I gave up. I would like to give it another go someday. I keep holding out hope for an XBLA release.
Crow
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Crow »

It seems I have become a tad bit obsessed with White Knight Chronicles.

It's amazing how I can become obsessed with something in such a short amount of time.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

huntergemini wrote:It seems I have become a tad bit obsessed with White Knight Chronicles.

It's amazing how I can become obsessed with something in such a short amount of time.

You're not the only one; just finished the Single Campaign of Transformers War for Cybertron (which I thought had no interest in whatsoever). Now I love it and want the sequel sooooo bad :)
Crow
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Crow »

TheChaosBlue wrote:You're not the only one; just finished the Single Campaign of Transformers War for Cybertron (which I thought had no interest in whatsoever). Now I love it and want the sequel sooooo bad :)

ROBOTS IN DISGUISE!

I read about the sequel to that game in GameInformer, come to think of it. They seemed pretty hyped about it and were saying the first one wasn't all that great, so they're hoping the next game will be better. I honestly wouldn't know, as the only Transformers games I played were the movie tie-ins, one on the PS2 and one on the DS. I found them to be quite boring, to be honest.

------

I really need to get a new HDMI cable, but they're $50 each at all the stores here. I don't know why TVs can't come with one packed in with it. HD is pretty much a necessity for gaming these days. That and at least it's not blurry! I have trouble reading some of the stuff on my TV when I'm using the AV multi cable for my PS3 and I freakin' hate it.