Random Chit-Chat Thread

What it says on the tin...
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

Speaking of jobs, i nearly went for an interview to the same company for the 4th time, each time the interview has gone well & i'm "promised the job" yet the geezer never gets in touch, nor does he answer phone calls. 4 times in 12 months i've applied & each time i've been contacted about going for interviews, well forget it, it's obvious the guy is taking people on as apprentices for 3 months then giving them the boot & repeating.

I would really kill for a job, but if i can;t even be dignified with a response on 3 seperate occasions then what does that say about his company? (It's a small fashion firm who sell on ebay/amazon & are in some of the retailers)

On another note, my glasses, feck me, finally gotten used to them after 2 weeks & the left arm has broken off & the hinge is snapped, done a Harry Potter & taped it back on as i'm getting them sorted monday. All i did was catch the side of them as i lifted my hand to my face to scratch :s

Edit: Shame they didn't have the same arms as my old pair, they lasted me 8 years (yes the same pair for 8 years!!) & in that time they never broke once, all that happened was in the last month the nose rest fell off & it's now got no rubber as thats dropped off.
p_nut_uk
Level 5
Level 5

Post by p_nut_uk »

Matty wrote:On another note, my glasses, feck me, finally gotten used to them after 2 weeks & the left arm has broken off & the hinge is snapped, done a Harry Potter & taped it back on as i'm getting them sorted monday. All i did was catch the side of them as i lifted my hand to my face to scratch :s
Get Laser surgery, it's amazing!
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Matty wrote: On another note, my glasses, feck me, finally gotten used to them after 2 weeks & the left arm has broken off & the hinge is snapped, done a Harry Potter & taped it back on as i'm getting them sorted monday. All i did was catch the side of them as i lifted my hand to my face to scratch :s

Edit: Shame they didn't have the same arms as my old pair, they lasted me 8 years (yes the same pair for 8 years!!) & in that time they never broke once, all that happened was in the last month the nose rest fell off & it's now got no rubber as thats dropped off.

Though you were talking about your ACTUAL arm for a second... thank god lol.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Quills on Wheels wrote:Though you were talking about your ACTUAL arm for a second... thank god lol.
Five words in he says 'glasses'.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Yeah my bad lol :P
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

p_nut_uk wrote:Get Laser surgery, it's amazing!
I would, but I lack the money & I think my glasses suit me fine, mainly because when I take them off It draws emphasis on my receding hair :(

Curse my family for the bald gene.
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

No install the latest version of MP3tag (if you use it) as it won't open after installation. Just throws up "unexpected error" at you.
p_nut_uk
Level 5
Level 5

Post by p_nut_uk »

Matty wrote:I would, but I lack the money & I think my glasses suit me fine, mainly because when I take them off It draws emphasis on my receding hair :(

Curse my family for the bald gene.
You're in good company there! Shave it all off! Don't fight it, embrace it!
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Dr Shaneman wrote:It's that time again Kaito.
http://www.dancemania-ex.com/blog/2013/ ... -update-2/
Ahhh, I can't get excited over these anymore. I don't tend to follow series' as they air in Japan like I did when I was younger so many of those tracks are lost on me.

Meanwhile, using a combination of my new avatar and new user title; I've managed to make the best pun of my life. I know no-one will give half a damn, but I'm proud of it, dammit.