Sonic Generations

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

What? Because you guys think that it's going to be a disappointment like that Sonic cycle?
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Biggest sonic fan wrote:What? Because you guys think that it's going to be a disappointment like that Sonic cycle?
Well, considering how excited some people have become already thanks to 20 seconds of pre-rendered footage: Yeah.

It's better to expect something to be rubbish then later be pleasantly surprised as to how much better it was over your initial suspicions than to expect something amazing and be disappointed when you actually play it.
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

Biggest sonic fan wrote: Why is it still so that people give negative comments about something they haven't even seen completely?
Why is it still so that people give positive comments about something they haven't even seen completely?

Fixed.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Why is it still so that people give judgments about something they haven't even seen completely?

Double fixed. :)
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Biggest sonic fan wrote:What? Because you guys think that it's going to be a disappointment like that Sonic cycle?
May I remind you of sonic 06. After that pile of steaming dog crap, I wasn't surprised that sonic fans lost hope.
May I add that none of us had said we think it's gonna be a disappointment.
Retrix
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Retrix »

Obviously there's very little to go on and I'm not going to speculate on the gameplay.
But if the whole concept of the game has spawned purely from a desire to satisfy people whining about Sonic's eye colour, SEGA are wasting their time.

*looks up earlier parts of thread*
Kaito-kun wrote:I'm not saying it'll be a bad game. I'm not saying it'll be a good game. I just think SEGA's over eager desire to try and please everyone - even the stupidest, whiniest section of their fanbase - is ridiculous.
er… well yes, pretty much my thoughts I guess!

(The young Sonic does look kind of cute though.)
There was an echidna from Vegas
Whose hairstyle was totally outrageous
When asked by the cops
Why the dreadlocks
He told them the idea was Sega's

​— The Typing of the Dead
Kraiola
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Kraiola »

Wow, have you guys seen the Official SEGA Forums? Pretty crazy there. BTW, Found this comment on This.
You Sonic fanboys are greedy motherfuckers who will never be happy.

SEGA FUCKING GAVE YOU OLD SCHOOL SONIC!

WHAT MORE DO YOU FUCKING WANT.

And don't give me bullshit like 'OH HIS EYEBROWS AREN'T LIKE THE OLD ONE'. Complaints like those don't even make SENCE.
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

^Sonic's fanbase does whine alot.
Biggest sonic fan wrote:Why is it still so that people give judgments about something they haven't even seen completely?
You do know we're talking about something else, not whether this game is going to be good or not?

EDIT:
Anyway time for me to jump off this band wagon, I have other walls to talk too right now. This is just going to escalate until a mod says stop just like all the other times.

-Some one makes an opinion
-Someone jumps to a conclusion that has nothing to do with the opinion
-Everyone starts complaining on how invalid it is
-starts becoming an argument cause someone gets annoyed by a certain comment. :I
Kraiola
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Kraiola »

RWDebara wrote:^Sonic's fanbase does whine alot.
Thank god it doesn't happen here.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Kaito-kun wrote:I see no image. We need it now more than ever! JUST LOOK AT THESE PEOPLE POSTING ABOVE ME!

Edit (Just watched the video):
*Laughs* SEGA are sinking this low to appease all of the idiotic fandoms? Pathetic...

Edit (Again): Perhaps I should expand a little further: Any company with sense would have ignored the lot who were stuck in the past and said "Grow up and deal with it or move on, you weird little obsessives." Pandering to their level is just pathetic, it's as if SEGA don't have the balls to say no to or risk losing even the worst dregs of their fanbase.

Edit (Yet Again): I'm not saying it'll be a bad game. I'm not saying it'll be a good game. I just think SEGA's over eager desire to try and please everyone - even the stupidest, whiniest section of their fanbase - is ridiculous.
I'm literally way too drunk to care about anyone else's posts but this one stuck out. Yea, no, pandering to the fans was obviously the worst choice Nintendo could make, that's why new super mario brothers is one of the best selling games. SEGA need this shit, it's about time they looked at someone better than them.

edit: holy shit my avatar is way obnoxios i should change it.

edot2: KINECT.