Streets of rage Remake

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

To be fair they've not said a thing about why they've taken it down yet. I've been checking out there forum and if it's ever brought up they just say they can't talk about it. Hopefully it's a good thing and Sega are talking with them about getting it properly distributed. It's good enough to be. Plus I find it hard to think Sega would wait 8 years and then tell them to take it down. It's been quite a well known fan game for years. I've got a few game magazines that have multipage articles and interviews with the team that made it.
sonicfanRICH
Level 13
Level 13

Post by sonicfanRICH »

I was thinking the same thing Rich. That better be why.
ImageImage
Sound Reaper
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Sound Reaper »

Biggest sonic fan: Meet me on MSN sometime tomorrow. I think you have my contact info. Otherwise, I will search for you tomorrow. Sega is indeed being S***heads about this situation and nobody deserves to be left out of this excellent gaming experience.

EDIT: Oh yeah, before I forget...I am OFFERING adding music from version 5to the already existing SORR music we have on the site. Just throwing that out there...
I wasn't going to return until I had something worthwhile to share sooooo....Image
baraka6
Level 6
Level 6

Post by baraka6 »

i got a chance to play it today! im impressed, without a doubt, it has all the classic features of the ones we know and love, along with so many switchable features including moves, styles, sfx version, i havnt had the chance to complete it yet but having the oppertunity to select which game route you want to take i thought was special!. if we only had this game shortly after SOR2, im not much of a fan of 3, so many changes spolied it from my POV. Either way this SOR is a work of art, the only quibble i have with it atm is not having original music (probably for obvious copywrite issues) and i know i can sift through the tracks and put the music in myself but having all the other SOR switch features i thought that would have been in there aswell. I dont rate SEGA getting shitty about release of this game, its been 20 years since the first release on megadrive.... enjoy the fruits of a true fans labour...... Quality!!!
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

Suprised myself actually how much i've played this. Finished it 4 times now. Just checking out some of the different routes and endings. Trying to get enough cash to buy all the characters. I unlocked Shiva yesterday. He's pretty good, really quick with a strong throw and special.
baraka6
Level 6
Level 6

Post by baraka6 »

lol ive played it 3 times now and i havnt got very far.. for me thats shameful! its quite tough i think especially when your trying to figure out all new items, moves and see if the enemys have anything new to offer, really thros you in the thick of it! i will get there one day.. i will not let it beat me lol

I love this game!
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

If your struggling play with a CPU player. It's on the main menu. They help loads having a second computer controlled player.
baraka6
Level 6
Level 6

Post by baraka6 »

i was thinking of doing that, but sometimes its an achievement in itself without help, but now... might not have a choice!
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

I do it just because I enjoy it more having a second man on your team. Even if there computer controlled. I just think it's alot more fun.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Sega have pulled the plug on this project it seems. Well done sega you bunch of wankers ¬_¬

http://screwattack.com/blogs/ScrewAttac ... o-shutdown