Streets of rage Remake

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

Sega haven't got the time to find out what every bedroom coder may or may not be working on - who cares if it took the developers years, not their problem. Someone nicked their I.P., they eventually found out, and they had a word.

If anything we should be grateful more of these things aren't blocked, the other ones probably just slipped through the net.
Tic Tac, sir?
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

At least they were slow enough for it to be completed and available everywhere before they attempted to stop it.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Update 'Sega gives a shitty excuse':

http://screwattack.com/blogs/ScrewAttac ... ect-the-IP

Maybe they just know thier fans can make better games and they dont like it one bit.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Heard on GAF that it was because they had a donation page up. Seems fair enough if they were trying to make money from it.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Even if they didnt have the donation page up, SEGA would of still pulled the plug on it.
king0512
Level 2
Level 2

Post by king0512 »

In any case, this is just another one of those things that sadly we saw coming from a mile away.
If I were insane... would I know it?
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Gonic wrote:Even if they didnt have the donation page up, SEGA would of still pulled the plug on it.
Yeah you can't really prove that though.

And SEGA didn't pull the plug on anything. It was done, finished and let out on the internet. It's still easy to find a download of, all SEGA have done is give the developers more publicity.
king0512
Level 2
Level 2

Post by king0512 »

Absolutely, if you really wanted to you can find it no problem. May not be legal, but it can be found.
If I were insane... would I know it?
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Gonic wrote:Even if they didnt have the donation page up, SEGA would of still pulled the plug on it.
This I disagree with. I know the game was released for free, but the fact that you COULD donate money to the developers for the game would make it a very grey area.

I do find it odd that SEGA have asked the developers to take the game down when there's loads of Sonic fangames around (two of which are Sonic 2 remakes), but I would imagine there's a lot more happening behind the scenes.

Who knows? As Rek said, it's not too hard to find a download for the game somewhere.
IvyRave
Level 10
Level 10

Post by IvyRave »

Possibly a publicity stunt? It's reverse psychology, making a controversial step like that would obviously cause hype with the fans and discouraging people from downloading it would inspire more people to download, even if they weren't originally fans of the game. A mad guess but food for thought as well