Doctor Who

TV, Movies, Music, Books and all that other entertainment type stuff...
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

I'm glad it wasn't overly Moffat-y. He still can't write a female character mind.

Loved the cameos towards the end: Capaldi making a brief debut, and Tom Baker being Tom Baker.
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

Kaito-kun wrote:Loved the cameos towards the end: Capaldi making a brief debut, and Tom Baker being Tom Baker.
I loved the army of TARDIS'.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Dr Shaneman wrote:I loved the army of TARDIS'.
What is the collective noun for TARDIS anyway? I would have thought fleet...

Has anyone else watched "The Five(ish) Doctors Reboot" yet? A daft story featuring Peter Davidson, Colin Baker, and Sylvester McCoy as they try to be a part of the 50th anniversary episode.
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

Kaito-kun wrote:What is the collective noun for TARDIS anyway? I would have thought fleet...

Has anyone else watched "The Five(ish) Doctors Reboot" yet? A daft story featuring Peter Davidson, Colin Baker, and Sylvester McCoy as they try to be a part of the 50th anniversary episode.
No idea. Was hoping you'd tell me.

I did. I watched the after party as well.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Christmas special yadda-yadda, Matt leaving blah-blah...I dunno, I just can't get excited about it. There's only been one decent Christmas episode with the Matt & Moffat combo and based on the promotional material I have seen that has been trotted I don't expect this one to be fantastic.

Plus, Weeping Angels. Sod them.
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

I'm actually curious about them bringing back The Silence and how the whole Trenzalore thing will unfold. Not hoping for anything epic of anything, seeing it's a Christmas Special, but you never know.

I'm more excited about the next Doctor if I'm being honest.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

KC wrote:I'm actually curious about them bringing back The Silence and how the whole Trenzalore thing will unfold.
See, thing is I don't really care about either of those. Moffat has dragged out The Silence thing for far too long and Trenzalore just does nothing for me. I get the feeling Trenzalore is just a way to hype up the fact that he's going to die/regenerate.
KC wrote:I'm more excited about the next Doctor if I'm being honest.
Seconded.
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

Kaito-kun wrote:I get the feeling Trenzalore is just a way to hype up the fact that he's going to die/regenerate.
Oh, that's exactly what it is. I just meant I'm curious to see how that will happen, seeing as he's been to Trenzalore in the season finale and I don't know if it's got anything to do with Gallifrey. Or will they make the search for Gallifrey the next Doctor's story? We'll see, I guess.
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

Kaito-kun wrote:Christmas special yadda-yadda, Matt leaving blah-blah...I dunno, I just can't get excited about it. There's only been one decent Christmas episode with the Matt & Moffat combo and based on the promotional material I have seen that has been trotted I don't expect this one to be fantastic.

Plus, Weeping Angels. Sod them.
I share your thoughts about this year. Throwing in multiple enemies never turns out well.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Spoiler free thoughts on the Christmas ep:

Loved Capaldi's intro, however the episode in general - while not bad - was a bit of a mess that stank of Moffat hurriedly trying to tie up all of the loose ends he kept leaving lying around during Matt's time as the Doctor.

Matt did a great job as the Doctor, but I feel like his legacy in the role will always be brought down by Moffat's approach to - and over-fondness of - confusing over-arching plots.

Also, I weep whenever those Angles turn up again - even if it is a brief cameo.