Movie chat

TV, Movies, Music, Books and all that other entertainment type stuff...
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Guardians of the Galaxy is legit, best Marvel film to date. Just a good old fashioned Sci-Fi film, reminds me of Farscape or Firefly.

Also finally got around to watching The Lego Movie. Best Batman film since Returns.
Chukapi wrote:Over the past couple of days, a couple of people have brought up Disney's Brave in conversation. I haven't watched it, mainly because I always hear that it's an "ehh" film - worth a watch, but not spectacular. Anyone have any additional thoughts on that? Never know if the hour & a half of (what are probably) cringey scottish accents is worth it.
I thought the film was dull, but I haven't really cared for Pixar post-Up anyway. Accents were fine though as it's scottish cast.
Chukapi
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Chukapi »

Reknoc wrote:Guardians of the Galaxy is legit, best Marvel film to date. Just a good old fashioned Sci-Fi film, reminds me of Farscape or Firefly.

[...]

I thought the film was dull, but I haven't really cared for Pixar post-Up anyway. Accents were fine though as it's scottish cast.
Guardians, as you say, is absolutely fantastic. I went in with no expectations really - the trailer never really gripped me. But the world was enthralling, action was fantastic, actors were all stellar, I liked almost every character, and the comedy was all golden. Definitely one of my top 3 favourites from this year.

Thanks for the response about Brave. May give it a watch when I am bored one day. I agree with you about Pixar. As you say, post-Up has been fairly meh (although I really enjoyed Monsters University; it's a fantastic sequel-prequel).
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

I'm rather excited for the Deadpool movie that's being made. I mean, I've really enjoyed Deadpool as a character even before the game. The game made him so much better though lol.

Now with that leaked trailer, I really can't wait.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Quills on Wheels wrote:I'm rather excited for the Deadpool movie that's being made. I mean, I've really enjoyed Deadpool as a character even before the game. The game made him so much better though lol.

Now with that leaked trailer, I really can't wait.
This will most likely interest you then:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... /?a=105537
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

That Micheal Bay-rebooted TMNT movie is out today. Longtime, hardcore fans of the series are turning their backs to it as I type.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Reknoc wrote: Also finally got around to watching The Lego Movie. Best Batman film since Returns.
Damn right it is.
Twinny wrote:That Micheal Bay-rebooted TMNT movie is out today. Longtime, hardcore fans of the series are turning their backs to it as I type.
Which is a really stupid attitude to take considering that the main argument I've come across has been "It's too much of a departure from normal TMNT". There's been around 12 different TMNT continuities already, what's one more going to do to harm the franchise?

Or is it just the usual Michael Bay hate crowd?

Bah, either way, never cared much about TMNT or Michael Bay.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Kaito-kun wrote:Damn right it is.

Which is a really stupid attitude to take considering that the main argument I've come across has been "It's too much of a departure from normal TMNT". There's been around 12 different TMNT continuities already, what's one more going to do to harm the franchise?

Or is it just the usual Michael Bay hate crowd?

Bah, either way, never cared much about TMNT or Michael Bay.
Ding ding ding you got the correct answer on that one.

I myself feel interested enough to watch it. Not opening day, but still.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

I'm just shocked at the notion of 'longtime, hardcore fans of the series'. Are these people like the radder, more totally bodacious rivals of bronies?
Tic Tac, sir?
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

I haven't given a shit about TMNT since I was a kid, much like Transformers, but I still don't like the idea of what is basically the movie equivalent of the XBLA remake of turtles in time. Also like transformers the redesigns are fucking repulsive, they'd look shit even if they weren't already based on something that has already had a recent reboot with a million times better looking redesigns.

also I guess michael bay makes shit movies in general so whutever
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Gonic wrote:This will most likely interest you then:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... /?a=105537
Sadly I don't have twitter and the links don't work lol.