Games you're embarrassed to like?

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Greatodyer
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Greatodyer »

I love playing the old Pokemon games (Red, Blue Yellow, Gold & Silver). Childish? Maybe, but they are some of my childhood games so I still like them.
Takes more than expired soda to have a party. It takes guests, with breasts and mine don't count.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqbqtosuVk1qbr1yco1_500.jpg
Shockerbey
level 11
level 11

Post by Shockerbey »

Kaito-kun wrote:You're making snap judgement there based on gender and sexual preference assumptions: It's still an enjoyable game under the visuals: Heck, out of all the people I know who are Soul Calibur fans only around quarter of them are hetrosexual males.
Ikr, was actually put in my place about this with a girl claiming she liked it so my arguement is invalid. So ill move the posts and say dragonballz games
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Shockerbey wrote:Ikr, was actually put in my place about this with a girl claiming she liked it so my arguement is invalid. So ill move the posts and say dragonballz games
I don't know what "IKR" is an abbreviation of.
Greatodyer
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Greatodyer »

Kaito-kun wrote:I don't know what "IKR" is an abbreviation of.
It stands for 'I Know Right'.
Takes more than expired soda to have a party. It takes guests, with breasts and mine don't count.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqbqtosuVk1qbr1yco1_500.jpg
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

^what he said.
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

School Days
Runescape

Not too fussed about the Touhou games, They great BHS, but the characters.... hmmmmm
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

they're fucking shit shoot 'em ups masked by petty graphics and some embarrassing anime. Cave desperately went that way with their art style but at least the games were still good.
Tic Tac, sir?
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Killer French Bread wrote:they're fucking shit shoot 'em ups masked by petty graphics and some embarrassing anime.
I'm not a shoot 'em up expect, so I'm curious: What makes a good shooter and what makes a bad one?
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

The Tohou games don't have pretty graphics.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

Kaito-kun wrote:I'm not a shoot 'em up expect, so I'm curious: What makes a good shooter and what makes a bad one?
Good scoring system with a risk/reward balance - such as ddp resurrection black label, you can shoot both lasers at once which also increases the amount of enemies and thus potential score. you kill things quicker but more appears. I like the high intensity games too, stuff such as Dragon blaze that has fast bullet patterns as well as slow dense ones to weave through.

Touhou games are relatively slow and dole out the lives. They tend to be shooters for people not really interested in shooters. Maybe I'm being a snob.
Tic Tac, sir?