Millions of USA citizens will be monitored.

What it says on the tin...
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

mtwinny wrote:I know it's a crime (duh) [...] Are we not allowed our rights, regardless?
Not if it breaks the law.
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

mtwinny wrote: Are we not allowed our rights, regardless?
So you want rights to break the law?
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

RWDebara wrote:So you want rights to break the law?
What?! No, no, that's not what I mean. Yes it's breaking the law & there servere punishments because of it but just hear me out.

I'm sure some Americans would be outraged because of this; virutally everything on the 'net is watched now, even on public sites like Facebook & YouTube.

And because it's (the new law) in effect people won't have the freedom to share things with others, even if it's done legally.

Eh, I'm pretty much defeated in this conversation, you can finish me off now :P
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Sonicsky
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Sonicsky »

I started to torrent my games after companies stopped making demos of their games, I have had several occasions where I spent 50 some dollars on a game just to realize it sucked and only to have the game store tell me they'll give me half the money back, never again!! I have bought every game that I liked within a year of trying it. Unfortunately, not many people go by that policy anymore, so I can see why they are doing this, at least the companies should start putting demos out again if they plan on doing this...
Sonic the Hedgehog is "Way Past Cool":guitar:
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it"
"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work" Thomas Edison
"I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world." Thomas Edison
"Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something." Thomas Edison
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Damn I thought America was a place where people didn't care much.
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

mtwinny wrote: I'm sure some Americans would be outraged because of this; virutally everything on the 'net is watched now, even on public sites like Facebook & YouTube.
And because it's (the new law) in effect people won't have the freedom to share things with others, even if it's done legally.

Eh, I'm pretty much defeated in this conversation, you can finish me off now :P

You havnt really been defeated you just don't have a good argument to back up your claim. The only Americans (Well anyone) who has to worry about this are people hiding something.

You do have the freedom to share things as long as your not breaking the law. Distributing someone elses property on the net is illegal cause its unfair to him/her.

Your acting like this is China where they'll delete your comment for saying "I agree with this political statement" that goes against their government which is not the case.
What we're talking about here are people breaking the law, literally stealing. Torrenting is stealing and the goverment has every right to stop these people because thats their job like it or not. (It is our job to make sure the government doesnt cross the line though but their not in this situation)

I do understand what your trying to say but i can't think of alot of things that will back up your claim. And again the only people who has to worry about any of this are people hiding something. If your not a criminal no worries.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

RWDebara wrote:You havnt really been defeated you just don't have a good argument to back up your claim. The only Americans (Well anyone) who has to worry about this are people hiding something.

You do have the freedom to share things as long as your not breaking the law. Distributing someone elses property on the net is illegal cause its unfair to him/her.

Your acting like this is China where they'll delete your comment for saying "I agree with this political statement" that goes against their government which is not the case.
What we're talking about here are people breaking the law, literally stealing. Torrenting is stealing and the goverment has every right to stop these people because thats their job like it or not. (It is our job to make sure the government doesnt cross the line though but their not in this situation)

I do understand what your trying to say but i can't think of alot of things that will back up your claim. And again the only people who has to worry about any of this or people hiding something. If your not a criminal no worries.

Ah, thanks, dude. Well, sucks for the criminals then! HAHAHAHA
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

As is said If you've got nothing to hide its fine.

I.Ps are nothing, easily spoofed to move you from the US to Sweeden or Japan etc

Although i do pirate, if i really enjoy a game i'll go buy it, Minecraft being a prime example of that.

But if its a game thats old but has a £200 price tag then feck that, wasn't that new so isn't worth it now
MTails
Level 9
Level 9

Post by MTails »

Wow, that sucks.
Glad I left torrents when i did.
Click to reveal
If you can see me, welcome to the HB Club: RadioSEGA Branch! Take a seat, and hopefully you'll be released soon. Or maybe you'll rot here forever, who knows?
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

I'm getting extremely nervous about two things. So much that it's 4 AM and I'm literally shaking. 1. The SOPA bill. It's an internet censorship bill which violates our constitutional right- free speech. Number 2 is even worse and is what I'm REALLY scared about. The NDAA bill which pretty much states that we'll be under martial law if it's passed. I'm seriously considering getting the hell out of here while I still can. I'm aware everywhere else isn't doing the greatest either but I'm in fear for my life in the future.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.