RIP Steve Jobs

What it says on the tin...
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Gavvie wrote:Apple are going to slump now. They won't drop out the game completely, but most of their immense popularity came from Steve Jobs.
Thats the most stupid thing Ive read all day. And im an Apple hater.

Apple have more then one person in its company you know. Like saying Microsoft are screwed if bill gates died
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Gonic wrote:Thats the most stupid thing Ive read all day. And im an Apple hater.

Apple have more then one person in its company you know. Like saying Microsoft are screwed if bill gates died
Name them.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Reknoc wrote:Name them.
I dont know. I didnt even know who the president of Apple was untill today. Also i said im a apple hater, why would i go researching into something i hate?
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Gonic wrote:I dont know. I didnt even know who the president of Apple was untill today. Also i said im a apple hater, why would i go researching into something i hate?
But yet you seem to imply that Steve Jobs didn't turn Apple around as a company and that he's easily replaced because they have lots of other people working there.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Whatever. I'm really not in any mood for this today. So think what ever you want.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Maybe you should have thought of that before you came in here flashing your ignorance off.
ResidentSD
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by ResidentSD »

The impact that Steve Jobs had on the tech world cannot be understated. The desktop PC you use, the operating system you use, the MP3 player, the phone and the tablet you use are what they are in part because of him. His vision and passion for his products made him a pain in the arse to some, but did so much for all of us who love technology.

Now I'm not an Apple fan, but I have a massive amount of respect for what Steve did. After he was fired in the 80s, Apple went downhill until he returned. From his return onward, the company has done nothing but flourish.

There is a massive question on what the future holds for Apple, as Apple right now is Steve Jobs. He might have had staff working for him, but Steve was in control of everything. I'm not sure how much we can judge the 'new' Apple based on Tuesday's announcement - it is obvious now that the announcement was probably as low key as it was because they knew what was happening. I have no doubt that when the event was being planned, they probably knew Steve didn't have long to go, and it would have been massively, massively inappropriate to go gung-ho into something like that if Steve had died say a couple of days before.

Personally, I don't see Apple going anywhere. They will continue to be successful for the forseeable future - the question is whether they can sustain that in the post-Jobs era. I think the worst that could happen is they become another Microsoft - a bit boring, not always that exciting, but still coining in the cash.

Anyway, for tech fans like me, today's been a pretty sad day. We've lost one of the greats. Love him or loathe him, you can't deny the influence he's had over all of our tech lives.
Retrix
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Retrix »

Reknoc wrote:Maybe you should have thought of that before you came in here flashing your ignorance off.
Oh geez Reknoc, do you really need to be so nasty to people around here?

Steve Jobs was very much the figure-head of Apple, and he is certainly a lost asset to them. That doesn't mean Apple's about to collapse though. His shoes are big ones for Tim Cook to fill, but there are other important staff around too, like Jony Ive who has been the chief designer of most of Apple's products over the last decade.

EDIT: Well said ResidentSD.
There was an echidna from Vegas
Whose hairstyle was totally outrageous
When asked by the cops
Why the dreadlocks
He told them the idea was Sega's

​— The Typing of the Dead
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

I don't have to be, no.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

ResidentSD wrote:The impact that Steve Jobs had on the tech world cannot be understated. The desktop PC you use, the operating system you use, the MP3 player, the phone and the tablet you use are what they are in part because of him. His vision and passion for his products made him a pain in the arse to some, but did so much for all of us who love technology.

Now I'm not an Apple fan, but I have a massive amount of respect for what Steve did. After he was fired in the 80s, Apple went downhill until he returned. From his return onward, the company has done nothing but flourish.

There is a massive question on what the future holds for Apple, as Apple right now is Steve Jobs. He might have had staff working for him, but Steve was in control of everything. I'm not sure how much we can judge the 'new' Apple based on Tuesday's announcement - it is obvious now that the announcement was probably as low key as it was because they knew what was happening. I have no doubt that when the event was being planned, they probably knew Steve didn't have long to go, and it would have been massively, massively inappropriate to go gung-ho into something like that if Steve had died say a couple of days before.

Personally, I don't see Apple going anywhere. They will continue to be successful for the forseeable future - the question is whether they can sustain that in the post-Jobs era. I think the worst that could happen is they become another Microsoft - a bit boring, not always that exciting, but still coining in the cash.

Anyway, for tech fans like me, today's been a pretty sad day. We've lost one of the greats. Love him or loathe him, you can't deny the influence he's had over all of our tech lives.

This has got be the most well typed response I've seen in print on his death, and that's why I respect you SD. *thumbs up*

And that's why I don't like getting on people's bad sides, especially when something like this happens, and that's my final stand.

Let's just pay respects to the guy, please?
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010