^ Still not coming to the West, haha.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Reknoc wrote:Image
Twinny wrote:^ Still not coming to the West, haha.
*Sips tea* So it would seem.

*Takes another sip* Enjoy your Sonic Boom.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

B-but muh Aliens
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

So looks like the Humble Bundle knocked on Sega's doorsteps cause we got the Humble Sega Bundle. Honestly don't hold your hopes up. Most of those games are mediocre at best and the only good games in there are OLD good games from the dreamcast days which modern gamers plus Graphic whores won't like. I feel like you can really see how stingy Sega is with this cause any good games sega made in the recent few years is not included. I especially love how there's DLC for Football manager and Rome II but not the actual games. Where's the Typing of the Dead, Not even Aliens(which wasn't even that great mind you.).
The only thing that could have been decent about that bundle is the T-shirt which looks awesome but with a whopping $50 price tag, I don't think anyone would pay that amount.

Unless better games get added, I don't think the Bundle's gonna sell too much. Heck I won't be surprised if it becomes one of the least sold bundles.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

It's a Humble Bundle plus it's a Humble Bundle right around Black Friday. Expect people who never owned AND waited it out for that long to get those games.

Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Quills on Wheels wrote:So looks like the Humble Bundle knocked on Sega's doorsteps cause we got the Humble Sega Bundle. Honestly don't hold your hopes up. Most of those games are mediocre at best and the only good games in there are OLD good games from the dreamcast days which modern gamers plus Graphic whores won't like. I feel like you can really see how stingy Sega is with this cause any good games sega made in the recent few years is not included. I especially love how there's DLC for Football manager and Rome II but not the actual games. Where's the Typing of the Dead, Not even Aliens(which wasn't even that great mind you.).
The only thing that could have been decent about that bundle is the T-shirt which looks awesome but with a whopping $50 price tag, I don't think anyone would pay that amount.

Unless better games get added, I don't think the Bundle's gonna sell too much. Heck I won't be surprised if it becomes one of the least sold bundles.
Don't be like that. All the money goes to charity. Also ASRT is a fantastic game which IMO rivals Mario Kart.

I personally won't be buying the bundle myself, but I hear the Total War games are good but they have a steep learning curve.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Don't forget there's the exclusive Dreamcast shirt if you drop $50 or more.

To be honest, I'm half tempted, plus I'd get ASRT on PC with all the downloadable characters...
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Gonic wrote:Don't be like that. All the money goes to charity. Also ASRT is a fantastic game which IMO rivals Mario Kart.

I personally won't be buying the bundle myself, but I hear the Total War games are good but they have a steep learning curve.
Ye I know... And in that sense, truly any game would be worth it if it's for charity. However, I'm comparing this to the other Humble Bundles we've seen and in comparison, this one lacks quite a bit which just shows what Sega is willing to do for Charity. Where we get quite a decent range of games for Charity from other companies, Sega only throws in games that seem to probably be out of everyone's radar.

That said though, I do agree. ASRT is a great game and possibly as good as Mario Kart, if it had the same large fanbase. Heck, I own the game both on PC and PS3 and single-handedly convinced my local gaming convention to host a ASRT tournament durring the convention. That's how much I do like the game which granted, I didn't state in my last post. But I still can't shake off the feeling that Sega could have put a lot better games for offer. (I mean seriously, who puts DLC but not the actual games???)

But yeah yeah like you said. All's good since it's charity and all...
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Totally expected but finally made official: SEGA a no-show for E3 2015.

kadosho
Level 9
Level 9

Post by kadosho »

Maybe SEGA wants to study what other companies are doing this time round. Instead of being in the spotlight. Maybe building a technical haven, to restore some new ideas.