(Finally) The SEGA Events/News Thread!

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Gavvie wrote:Hang on..."rare" items? Dude, the only thing that's remotely rare on the Sonic Merchandise site at the current moment in time is the chess set. The rest of it is fairly easy to grab hold of.
ShadowPhantom wrote:So, they made it easier to get Sonic merch and you're complaining? Seriously, BSF, what the heck? It's wonderful that they're selling that stuff. Now you don't have to search through craploads of sites and stores to find something.

Agreed; BSF I don't see why you think there's a problem really. And really now, the much more obscure Sonic merch are out of your league. No offense, but if I was a fan of Sonic as much as you say you are, I would be jumping for joy at this. And besides...this is OFFICAL merch...in fact, it makes me curious to what merch you DO have at the moment.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Going back to the chess set just for a moment, I'd buy one were it not for the fact that the manufacturers seriously missed a trick by not having one side Sonic & Co, and the other side Eggman and a variety of badniks, including Metal Sonic. Would've been insta-buy then.

Tut tut.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Gavvie wrote:Hang on..."rare" items? Dude, the only thing that's remotely rare on the Sonic Merchandise site at the current moment in time is the chess set. The rest of it is fairly easy to grab hold of.
I guess you could say that... But still... I just... don't feel comfortable.

In 5 years, I think there is the chance they'll be selling Sonic's 25th anniversary statues in there.

But I guess I should feel really happy about it. And don't get me wrong, I am rather happy about it. It's going to be a lot easier getting them now.

TheChaosBlue wrote:And besides...this is OFFICAL merch...in fact, it makes me curious to what merch you DO have at the moment.
Hmmm I've been thinking of doing an update of my collection. Guess I'll do it sooner or later. I've gotta find a good camera or something.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Biggest sonic fan wrote:In 5 years, I think there is the chance they'll be selling Sonic's 25th anniversary statues in there.
Again, I highly doubt that. Outside of the Jazwares toys and a poster which us Brits could get for FREE back in June, there's no 20th Anniversary merch in there at all which, when you consider the crapload of stuff actually released to celebrate it, is a little sad.

If anything, it looks like a one-stop shop for everything that's already available in your country, so I would imagine soundtracks and statues that you'd normally have to import will be a complete no-go.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

If that's the case then it would be good. Very good.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

I don't think I understand what you're on about. I just basically stated that the chances of any rare merch going on that site is low, and you're saying it's good? :blink:

Little confused now.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Gavvie wrote:I don't think I understand what you're on about. I just basically stated that the chances of any rare merch going on that site is low, and you're saying it's good? :blink:

Little confused now.
Probably his crazy collector mind where making things available for people to enjoy will devalue the item for cunts collectors.

Pretty sure he had the same retarded mindset for Steam as well.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Reknoc wrote:Probably his crazy collector mind where making things available for people to enjoy will devalue the item for cunts collectors.

Pretty sure he had the same retarded mindset for Steam as well.

Yeah BSF, beacuse the 'value' of any Sonic merch on the site makes it worthless if others are buying the same crap? Hmm...yeah I agree with you Rek. This is odd indeed.

And besides, those very special 20th Anneversary figures and stuff, I figure, was one time and never again.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

I never said their worth goes down... I didn't say anything like that.

I was just saying that there won't be a challenge in finding them. Though I guess saying that would be dum since as you said, they aren't really rare in the first place. Of course, now that I think about it, this website isn't that bad I guess.

Sorry to cause confusion. Just never mind.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Biggest sonic fan wrote:I never said their worth goes down... I didn't say anything like that.

I was just saying that there won't be a challenge in finding them. Though I guess saying that would be dum since as you said, they aren't really rare in the first place. Of course, now that I think about it, this website isn't that bad I guess.

Sorry to cause confusion. Just never mind.

Good, and glad to hear that coming from you.

Now...where's that U.S. store....