A Trip Down RadioSEGA Memory Lane...

Have something to say, or having any issues? Let us know...
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Ho ho ho.
I enjoyed this.
Option
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Option »

If I remember correctly, I registered shortly before the site was changed to the current layout, where there was the predominantly orange color part. I originally came here due to Sound Reaper. A lot of old regulars have disappeared since then, and new ones registered, and the staff has changed quiet a bit as well, with the likes of Mufasa and 32x leaving entirely, Shaneman's absence for a while, Gavvie taking over (I believe he just was a standard user back when I was made Playlist Manager!), and of course our new additions. =3

It seems the only real active staffie from the old time, aside from me and Shaneman after his return, is foreversonic.
"The sub-structure of the universe regresses infinitely towards smaller and smaller components. Behind atoms we find electrons - and behind electrons, quarks. Each layer unravelled reveals new secrets, but also new mysteries."
- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, For I Have Tasted The Fruit
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

That was quite interesting.

Sadly I've only been here for more then 1 year...
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Option wrote:If I remember correctly, I registered shortly before the site was changed to the current layout, where there was the predominantly orange color part. I originally came here due to Sound Reaper. A lot of old regulars have disappeared since then, and new ones registered, and the staff has changed quiet a bit as well, with the likes of Mufasa and 32x leaving entirely, Shaneman's absence for a while, Gavvie taking over (I believe he just was a standard user back when I was made Playlist Manager!), and of course our new additions. =3

It seems the only real active staffie from the old time, aside from me and Shaneman after his return, is foreversonic.

Then that means, you three are pretty much some of the RadioSEGA alumi! Right?
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

I didnt think id be hooked on this fourm for years to come. Love this community and mostly everyone in it :D Hopefully it wont turn out like the last one i joined did. By the looks of it. I joined radiosega just after they took the RadioS3ga thing down. (Teletext ftw!)
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

The RadioS3GA thing was my idea. It had cropped up in conversation with Mark purely as a joke, and literally 10 minutes later there it was, on the homepage XD

I said we'd do the same for the 5th Anniversary this year, but...I completely forgot about it D: Let's just hope that the new site is done relatively soon, so that we can use that as a way to celebrate it instead!
Twinny
News Team
News Team

Post by Twinny »

Gavvie wrote:The RadioS3GA thing was my idea. It had cropped up in conversation with Mark purely as a joke, and literally 10 minutes later there it was, on the homepage XD

I said we'd do the same for the 5th Anniversary this year, but...I completely forgot about it D: Let's just hope that the new site is done relatively soon, so that we can use that as a way to celebrate it instead!

Now that would be an awesome way to celebrate the new relaunch of the station!

Twinny
News Team
News Team

Post by Twinny »

EDIT: Well, well, well...look what we have here? Guys, sorry for the double post but this is one hell of a new find kinda worthy of an update to this thread, in my opinion.

There is still exisitng data of RadioSEGA domains gone by, ever since the earliest design from 2007, according to the website.

Wow, and I mean WOW. Hard to beleive some of the links actually still work! Even when the station had its own web player! (although nothing is playing...)

Man there's so much more to put down but I need to get to bed... :P

Opps, forgot the link here you go! (Some of the members from that time may remember that layout well! :) )

http://web.archive.org/web/200709252207 ... osega.net/

P.S. To see the other designs and stuff, click on the link that says "X captures" Have fun!

Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

^ I find the massive gap in 2008 amusing as it occurs just after I turn up on the forums.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Heh, so many members ive never heard of.