The Crisp Review Thread

What it says on the tin...
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

I can't understand why people don't like Salt and Vinegar. It's the best!
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

To each hold their own BSF.

I personally don't like Salt and Vinegar because it, again in my opinion, adds too much flavor than needed. All you're eating is salt and vinegar anyway; I at least want to taste the chip with the flavor, not have the flavor overtake the chip itself. Plus, it's way too salty, even more so than regular chips. Too much sodium...ugh...

...Don't know how to explain in any way that I just did, so I'm just going to end it there on my behalf...
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Fair enough I guess... anyone else?
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Walkers Deep Ridged: Flame Grilled Steak

McCoys, step aside. I have a new favourite steak crisp. Full of flavour as the packet suggested and the ridges were indeed deep. A highly satisfying crunch was also present.

9/10
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

I haven't seen that flavor of Lays chip here....it's a shame cuz I would like to try this flavor.
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

Interesting... So, Walkers in the UK, Lays in the US? In Portugal? Matutano! :D
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

KC wrote:Interesting... So, Walkers in the UK, Lays in the US? In Portugal? Matutano! :D
Interesting. Should I assume that they were Matutano originally then Lays bought the company but kept the original name? That's what happened over here with walkers. I know it's Lays in Germany and Spain.
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

Kaito-kun wrote:Interesting. Should I assume that they were Matutano originally then Lays bought the company but kept the original name? That's what happened over here with walkers. I know it's Lays in Germany and Spain.
Yes, that's what happened. And over here Lays is one of the brand names they use. Ruffles for the ruffled chips and Lays for the... er... non-ruffled!
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

The attachment octopus2.jpg is no longer available
I've been eating these octopus crisps. Taste a bit like anchovies to me. Not entirely sure if they actually contain any octopus, it simply says 'octopus flavouring' on the back. Taste really nice, like stronger prawn crackers ,and cost about 50p for a pretty big bag full. They deffo need to catch on over here, the only place I can find them is the student union shop which is a de facto asian food store (they must have a really good union rep or something, the shop's basically been taken over by noodles and bubble drinks). The only negative is they look more like fish than octopuses. I was hoping for ganglier tendrils personally. Oh, and also everyone i've offered them to has gagged and spat them out so i'm guessing they're a bit of an acquired taste.
Attachments
octopus2.jpg
Tic Tac, sir?
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

The Doritos Locos Tacos chips.

What was once actually taco items at Taco Bell transformed into actual tortilla chips. It's as good as it sounds. Tho I prefer the red to the blue (namely because I don't like the original Cool Ranch flavor). I had these for a taco salad dinner and it was delicious~
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010