Arcade Finds

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Gonic wrote:That looks exactly like the namco arcade in the trafford centre
The Namco arcades are all pretty similar, both in terms of interior design and machines on offer. The one in County Hall, London is the same.
The Captain
Level 8
Level 8

Post by The Captain »

Cleethorpes is shite. 95% crap bandits etc, 4.99% games from my childhood that are all broken, 0.01% working games (Sega Rally 3, that's it). Seriously, Time Crisis 2, Outrun 2, TMNT 1989, Moonwalker, Ocean Hunter, Gunblade, Mortal Kombat... ALL BROKEN... ALL TURNED ON, TAKING MONEY.

Cunts, the lot of 'em.

So we went to Skegness today. Still only a small selection of games... but they all worked! Silent Hill, Time Crisis 4, Operation Wolf 4: Ghost (o_O), hydraulic Harley Davidson Racing, Sega Rally 3, Mario Kart Arcade, and my favourite... a fully hydraulic Outrun 2 SPdx machine.

We put nearly twenty quid in that machine. I am an Outrun god (on automatic transmission).
Not totally teetotal.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

automatic transmission?! Nah come one man, you basically don't know how to play outrun properly if you don't use manual. Quickly changing gears is how you drift through corners without losing speed.
Tic Tac, sir?
Pitchshift3r
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Pitchshift3r »

Oh god, I might be going to Skegness next week at some point, and I'll have to give Outrun 2 a whirl (on manual, of course - I am a man after all ;) ).
PSN ID - Prime3k
------------------------------
Twitter - @Prime3k
The Captain
Level 8
Level 8

Post by The Captain »

I only play on automatic transmission so I can pull tricks off like jamming the accelerator and going to get a drink on long straights.
Not totally teetotal.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Pitchshift3r wrote:Oh god, I might be going to Skegness next week at some point, and I'll have to give Outrun 2 a whirl (on manual, of course - I am a man after all ;) ).
You'll regret going to Skegness, hardly one of the UK's high points XD
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

Skeg-vegas is where I spent virtually every summer of my childhood. My aunty worked for butlins. And if that wasn't excitement enough, I'd be whisked off to Wales for a few weeks in a caravan when that was done. Coast to coast holiday fun!
Tic Tac, sir?
Pitchshift3r
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Pitchshift3r »

I've never been to Skegness before, but I'm off to visit my fiancee's family next week up in the East Midlands and Skegness is easy to get to :P

Off to Centre Parcs in Sherwood Forest on Friday as well, and I've heard they've got a small arcade with some newer stuff, so I will check that out!
PSN ID - Prime3k
------------------------------
Twitter - @Prime3k
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Killer French Bread wrote:Skeg-vegas
And here I was, thinking Skeg-vegas was a local term XD
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

It should be a local term, unless they're referring to the desert wasteland around Vegas.