Arcade Finds

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

I heard that it was bills

But oddly enough i also heard it had re-opened a month after it shutdown last time

I was there in July, then August/Sept it was shut, & then re-opened again a month later, will have to ask my mate whats the deal as he was always down there
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

7Force wrote:theres a lot of different stories going around as to why they shut. From what I was told is that the landlord was being an ass and raised the lease price and even though the funland owner could afford to pay them they still forced them to shut by turning off the electricity to the place even though funland was paying the bills.
I heard that too; the landlord apparently wanted to push ahead with the capsule hotel plan as it would have brought them in a lot more money.
baraka6
Level 6
Level 6

Post by baraka6 »

Dont jump on me with this one, but i was told they could be shutting down the whole trocadero for this capsule hotel. im not sure how accurate that is, i went to london back in september and most of it looked dead except the main enterance, then i saw no lights and funland, i did ask the security guards what happened and they said no bills were paid
Shadid

Post by Shadid »

I do know a local arcade that still has some arcade classics, for example, both Daytona USA and Sega Rally games, Indy 500, etc.

I'll try and take pics next time I'm there for all of you to see ^_^
I live here now!
TF73
Level 9
Level 9

Post by TF73 »

Actually there opened a theme park for kids here just recently. They actually had a arcade corner also with gems like Out Run 2 and Manx TT to mention some. Great to see there is still room for some arcade business even in good old Norway.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Oh dammit, I had forgotten about this thread. I was in Namco Station in Gateshead a few weeks ago, I could have got some photos of their stock. There was an interesting (and huge) multiplayer Pac-Man cabinet as well as a Tekken 6 machine and the usual mix of DDR, racing games (including Outrun 2 and Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 3), dedicated cabs such as that terminator lightgun game and some prize games. Sadly, they seemed to have removed Razing Storm since my last visit. I liked Razing Storm.
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

I was in Namco - London at the start of the month

MY GOD, everything is bloody ticket redemption now,
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

An arcade just opened in my neighborhood. Has alot of games imported from Japan, next time i go ill take some pictures.
One game i kept playing was Virtual-on. My arms are still soar from those joysticks....
RW26 BLAZE
Level 9
Level 9

Post by RW26 BLAZE »

Here's an interesting one.

At the Trafford centre's nanco area, theres a Racedriver Grid arcade machine made by Sega Arcade and codemaster.
baraka6
Level 6
Level 6

Post by baraka6 »

Sega Park local to me still has some older arcade machines, daytona usa, manx tt, jurassic park lost world, lets go jungle deluxe, sega rally