Arcade Finds

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

Kaito-kun wrote:Oh dammit, I had forgotten about this thread. I was in Namco Station in Gateshead a few weeks ago, I could have got some photos of their stock. There was an interesting (and huge) multiplayer Pac-Man cabinet as well as a Tekken 6 machine and the usual mix of DDR, racing games (including Outrun 2 and Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 3), dedicated cabs such as that terminator lightgun game and some prize games. Sadly, they seemed to have removed Razing Storm since my last visit. I liked Razing Storm.
I was at the Metrocentre last week (I live close enough to the bloody place!) and was quite surprised by the multiplayer Pacman as well. Didn't have a go on it though, but it seems like they've shuffled stuff around a bit.

I think it would be a great location for a meet up ^_^
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

There's a multiplayer Pacman Arcade machine? That sounds pretty awesome.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Sounds like an awesome place for some arcade gaming, sucks that there aren't any around the NYC area like from what you descirbed Kaito-Kun.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

NYC has Next Level though, where Big Two is hosted, I'd love to go there some time.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

CapnCloudchaser wrote: I think it would be a great location for a meet up ^_^
An interesting prospect. I might be tempted.
richarddavies wrote:There's a multiplayer Pacman Arcade machine? That sounds pretty awesome.
It was pretty cool, however, I only had a chance to play it in single player mode.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Reknoc wrote:NYC has Next Level though, where Big Two is hosted, I'd love to go there some time.

...Bet it's in Times Square...going to look that up...might.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

I was at the Namco in Gateshead (Metrocentre) again today and took a couple of pics of the more interesting cabinets:

First the multiplayer Pac-Man Battle Royale game mentioned earlier in the thread:

Full size Outrun 2 cabinet. Because y'know, this is a SEGA site and stuff. The cars move on hydraulics:

Finally I discovered this today. Seems to be called "ReRave":

I gave it a try hoping for a decent DJ Max Technika clone. What I got was a lousy DJ Max Technika knock-off: Not fun. No explanation on how to play. Expensive - Only 2 songs per credit, every other music arcade game I've played has always been 3 for one credit. If you spot it anywhere avoid it like the plague. I'm not getting that pound back...

They've also got a Tekken 6 cabinet with a slightly dodgy coin acceptance slot - spent 5 minutes trying to get the machine to accept my money. The maintenance guy took a look, sorted it and gave me two free plays for good measure. Didn't take a photo because I'm sure we all know what a Tekken 6 cabinet looks like.

There are some DDR cabinets too, but only Euromix (ollllllld) and Euromix 2 (common), which aren't too interesting. If it had been DDRX or DDRX2 however I'd have pics for you. DDRX2 rocks.
Pitchshift3r
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Pitchshift3r »

One of the many arcades in Southend (in Essex, UK to all you non-Brits) has the Pac-Man Battle Royale machines! It also has classics like Crisis Zone (LOVE IT) and Ghost Squad :P

I need to investigate more of the arcades down there ASAP!
PSN ID - Prime3k
------------------------------
Twitter - @Prime3k
Shadid

Post by Shadid »

I should go to this. Resuming, it's an arcade exposition that features a LOT of old working Arcade machines, like Donkey Kong and Pac-Man, and actually gives video games a sense of art!

But... it's in Lisbon, which is 4 hours from where I live. And more expensive. ;_;
I live here now!
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

That looks exactly like the namco arcade in the trafford centre