General Fighting Game Thread

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

huntergemini wrote:What exactly is the difference between the multiple versions anyway?
Super Street Fighter IV adds 10(!) new characters 2 of which are completely original (Juri <3/Hakan). Characters include Ibuki, Makoto, Dudley and characters that aren't those guys. You don't need to slog through arcade mode to unlock characters. It also has better online options. Some balance changes.

Arcade Edition has everything Super has plus adds Yun and Yang. Balance changes. A massive patch with more balance changes.

edit: Super also brings back the bonus stages that were in Street Fighter 2.
Shadid

Post by Shadid »

EDIT: Yeah, Rek said it all.

I'd go for Super Street Fighter IV, then wait and buy AE if you want more characters to try on. ^^
I live here now!
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Well, I'd say have a look around. It could work out cheaper to just get Arcade Edition on disc, than getting Super and paying for the DLC upgrade.
Crow
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Crow »

I'll take a look in EBGames when I go there tommorow and see what they've got.

Anyway, I was playing Guilty Gear today (or rather yesterday, since it's almost 2am here), which I bought for like $4 off the PS Store. I have to admit, it's a lot of fun, but also really frustrating. I was using Sol Badguy for awhile, got sick of him and moved onto Ky Kiske. Ky is now my main.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

May be worth checking around online as well. I know Australia has crazy prices so it's not really similar, but right now I'm looking at AE for £17. Which makes it much cheaper than it would be to get SSFIV and the DLC unless I found SSFIV for £5 new.
Crow
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Crow »

If only I had a debit card... Oh, the things I would buy!

Major edit: I found a copy of Super Street Fighter IV at EBGames for only $28, so mum put $5 on it to lay-by it (she wasn't very happy about it) and I'll pay off the rest next week.
Crow
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Crow »

I didn't enjoy SSFIV that much, to be honest. It doesn't have enough modes to play and the gameplay is confusing. I also stopped playing UMvC3, because I didn't like it that much. I think I'll stick to Tekken 6 and BlazBlue.

Also, I'm so getting BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend. Gonna sell CS plus a bunch of other games, put all the trade credit on a gift card and buy Extend as soon as it gets released.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

I had a few rounds on the Tekken 6 arcade machine in the Namco arcade in Gateshead earlier today. Feels good to play in an arcade. It's a shame I didn't get to challenge any randoms.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

huntergemini wrote:I didn't enjoy SSFIV that much, to be honest. It doesn't have enough modes to play and the gameplay is confusing. I also stopped playing UMvC3, because I didn't like it that much. I think I'll stick to Tekken 6 and BlazBlue.

Also, I'm so getting BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend. Gonna sell CS plus a bunch of other games, put all the trade credit on a gift card and buy Extend as soon as it gets released.
Not enough modes I can see (I guess? It doesn't really have any less modes as most fighting games other than not having a story mode) but the gameplay is confusing?
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

It's not really confusing...it's pretty simple. But why can't I clear a two hit combo on challenge mode was my problem with street fighter