General Fighting Game Thread

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

indeed. This game has the possibilities of becoming one of the best fighting game crossovers ever. If I really had money to waste, I would surely buy the Tekken X Street fighter version with the Tekken mechanics.
Shadid

Post by Shadid »

Kaito-kun wrote:Hmmm, true, but there's also folks like me that are just happy thinking "WOH MY GOD IT'S STREET FIGHTER CHARACTERS AND TEKKEN CHARACTERS IN THE SAME GAME!!!!"

I'm easily pleased.
...Ok, I can't help it, I thought the same thing, IT'S AN UNEXPECTED CROSSOVER; I CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS!

*ahem* must maintain my composure, and not freak out. D:
I live here now!
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Shadid wrote:...Ok, I can't help it, I thought the same thing, IT'S AN UNEXPECTED CROSSOVER; I CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS!

*ahem* must maintain my composure, and not freak out. D:
It's only really unexpected because it doesn't make sense. Mechanically and thematically the games have very little in common.
Biggest sonic fan wrote:indeed. This game has the possibilities of becoming one of the best fighting game crossovers ever. If I really had money to waste, I would surely buy the Tekken X Street fighter version with the Tekken mechanics.
You're going to be disappointed then Harada has said it's going to be different from a Tekken game.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Ive asked this before. But how do Brawl/fightpads work on games such as UMvsC3 and SSFIV? I've given up with a fight stick lol :P
Shadid

Post by Shadid »

Gonic wrote:Ive asked this before. But how do Brawl/fightpads work on games such as UMvsC3 and SSFIV? I've given up with a fight stick lol :P
Of course they do! FightPads work like a regular controller, they just have the 6/button layout like the Saturn and the Genesis/Mega Drive pads.

Example:
http://www.hitechreview.com/uploads/2009/07/MadCatz-Street-Fighter-IV-Fight-Pad-ps3.jpg

On SSFIV, it works with the default settings for a controller, on Marvel 3, it may have to be type Gamma (y) for its controls, or you can change its settings. :P

And I may be in need of a new stick if mine isn't fixed. 8D
I live here now!
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Damn, got a tab open for AE on play.com D: seriously considering buying it since I should have some money on Friday. From no fighting games to buying 2 in the space of a week. Damn.

This isn't going to be very good for my heart, considering how angry I got trying to do simple trials today on KoFXIII.
Crow
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Crow »

Aww yeah, since mum's going to let me use my advance payment to pay off my lay-by, I'll be able to keep the $50 I get next week. I might see if EBGames (or heck, even Blockbuster) has a copy of vanilla SFIV. Does the game require any online codes or anything? 'Cause I don't want to buy a pre-owned copy, then realise I can't play it.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

I'm struggling to find a place for fightpads...but I recently saw a fight stick that was made by Madcatz for £23. The only problem is its the WWE one and the design is quite ugly...
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

huntergemini wrote:Aww yeah, since mum's going to let me use my advance payment to pay off my lay-by, I'll be able to keep the $50 I get next week. I might see if EBGames (or heck, even Blockbuster) has a copy of vanilla SFIV. Does the game require any online codes or anything? 'Cause I don't want to buy a pre-owned copy, then realise I can't play it.
No online pass. Though you may be better off having a sniff around for Arcade Edition.
Gonic wrote:I'm struggling to find a place for fightpads...but I recently saw a fight stick that was made by Madcatz for £23. The only problem is its the WWE one and the design is quite ugly...
I have that. Parts are naff so you'd probably want to replace them with proper Sanwa parts, but it'd still work out cheaper than getting a TE. It's super easy to mod and you can just remove the artwork if you don't like it.
Crow
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Crow »

Reknoc wrote:Though you may be better off having a sniff around for Arcade Edition.

What exactly is the difference between the multiple versions anyway?