Sonic 4 Episode II

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

I'm joking to myself that it's Sega doing what Nintendon't....in a very weird way that I myself find a little funny...don't know why actually...

I hope no one comments on this...just thought of this now and hate to keep it locked uup in my brain...
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

Meh ill wait for some gameplay.
Reknoc wrote:Also no mention of a Wii release.
Might have something to do with the release of the wiiu next year. I don't know.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

So I saw the teaser trailer today, and I'm pleased that SEGA didn't show x number of footage from it. Then again, watching some of the fans cry and moan if it actually showed gameplay would have been quite entertaining....

As for the music, I hope Jun can improve on that from Episode 1 (lol dying cats) , because except for Mad Gear Zone Act 1, the rest of the music were forgettable at best....
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

You're glad they didn't show footage? Why? Without any game footage this is just a massive waste of time accompanied by empty words.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Reknoc wrote:You're glad they didn't show footage? Why? Without any game footage this is just a massive waste of time accompanied by empty words.
But it generates hype. Hype is free marketing. Hype is everything when it comes to game marketing in this day and age.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

You're right, it was nothing to go home about with that trailer....but really if they did show like 1 second of the game it's gonna be Episode 1 crazyness all over again....sigh.....

EDIT: Didn't see Kaito's post, I also agree with the hype bits he mentioned in his.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Kaito-kun wrote:But it generates hype. Hype is free marketing. Hype is everything when it comes to game marketing in this day and age.
Hype only works if people trust you to make a good game in the first place.
mtwinny wrote:You're right, it was nothing to go home about with that trailer....but really if they did show like 1 second of the game it's gonna be Episode 1 crazyness all over again....sigh.....

EDIT: Didn't see Kaito's post, I also agree with the hype he mentioned in his.
Then they shouldn't have bothered until they had enough to make some substantial footage, and considering the gap between games I would hope they do have something they could show.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Reknoc wrote:Hype only works if people trust you to make a good game in the first place.
I see where you're coming from, but that show-nothing trailer has had us talking about the game for three pages in under 24 hours, hasn't it? It's certainly increased our awareness of the game.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

I guess, but there's a difference between pages of "Will care when I can see the game isn't shit" to "I'm gonna go into game right now and preorder MS Points so I can get this game on release day".
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Reknoc wrote:Hype only works if people trust you to make a good game in the first place.

Then they shouldn't have bothered until they had enough to make some substantial footage, and considering the gap between games I would hope they do have something they could show.

I'm hyped for it...whether or not things will change with the physics, sound, graphics or not. Call me crazy, but yeah, I'm was a bit beefed with no footage, but now I'm personally alright with it. I may be stupid typing this, but Ken's words really made me get excited. Will it all blow up in my face? Of course it can, but again, I don't care.