Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed!

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Reknoc wrote:I suppose another interesting thought to have. I'd imagine the amount of votes Miku got in the petition would like be a pretty good indicator as to how many people would actually buy Miku DLC.

With the others I'd say they probably expected the games sales to cover for any licensing fees, for Miku it'd only be through DLC sales.
True, although there is the possibility that Miku's inclusion as DLC might cause a few extra copies of the game to be sold in Japan.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Kaito-kun wrote:True, although there is the possibility that Miku's inclusion as DLC might cause a few extra copies of the game to be sold in Japan.
Except now I have reason to believe it's not even getting released in Japan.
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

Like Rek said, I can't see many people downloading her if she ever did become DLC.
Since anyone who isn't a big internet will never have heard of her or care for her.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Dr Shaneman wrote:Like Rek said, I can't see many people downloading her if she ever did become DLC.
Since anyone who isn't a big internet will never have heard of her or care for her.
Yep, that's why I think the amount of votes she got is probably a number close to how many people will buy her. It's not like every Miku fan would buy it either, only those who both like Miku and own the game.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

At first Miku wasn't even getting enough votes to hit 1000. Then, the last week or two before the poll closed, number of votes for her jumped. Word was Miku fan-sites promoted just her as an option as viable DLC in ASRT. Cue a number of SEGA Forum accounts just to vote for her.

Well this vote was going to be a mess anyway.
Starlight
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Starlight »

TheChaosBlue wrote:At first Miku wasn't even getting enough votes to hit 1000. Then, the last week or two before the poll closed, number of votes for her jumped. Word was Miku fan-sites promoted just her as an option as viable DLC in ASRT. Cue a number of SEGA Forum accounts just to vote for her.

Well this vote was going to be a mess anyway.
The petitions only went up 10 days before the deadline. She spiked within 3 days from our statistics.
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

People still think of Miku as an actual character rather than just a computerised voice.
She's just an illistration that went on the box to begin with.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Dr Shaneman wrote:People still think of Miku as an actual character rather than just a computerised voice.
I'm no Miku fan, I think she's just one of those weird Japanese things that probably doesn't help their Panda like breeding habits, but that makes no sense.

She is a character. She's the one singing the songs at concerts (well I assume the have the others ones as well).
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

Reknoc wrote:I'm no Miku fan, I think she's just one of those weird Japanese things that probably doesn't help their Panda like breeding habits, but that makes no sense.

She is a character. She's the one singing the songs at concerts (well I assume the have the others ones as well).
But when the Vocaloid software came out she was never an actual character was she?
It's like the new Vocaloid Exit Tunes has created, Mayu. She's just a digital voice of Mayumi Moriniaga and nothing more.
Yet countless fanart from her box image will slowly develop her into a proper fictional character.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Starlight wrote:The petitions only went up 10 days before the deadline. She spiked within 3 days from our statistics.
My mistake, but right there you can see how her fans can work their magic. Shows how these things can go so out of hand.
Dr Shaneman wrote:People still think of Miku as an actual character rather than just a computerised voice.
She had actual concerts, using some 3D hologram technology to make it work. I think many fans consider her and the Vocaloids to be characters as a whole still knowing they are just computerized voices.