Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed!

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Pursuits are easy, if not time consuming. You basically have to drive around the course at a snails pace, allowing you to pick up rockets and dodge attacks with relative ease.

It doesn't make them fun, not by a long shot, but it does mean that they're the easiest modes to S rank.
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

Gavvie wrote:Pursuits are easy, if not time consuming. You basically have to drive around the course at a snails pace, allowing you to pick up rockets and dodge attacks with relative ease.

It doesn't make them fun, not by a long shot, but it does mean that they're the easiest modes to S rank.
That's how I got through my first one on S rank.
As soon as I've levelled up AGES it's just missions to beat as I've now S ranked all the GPs.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

So is ages in the Super Star Showdown tour or are there other means of unlocking him... or it?
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

Quills on Wheels wrote:So is ages in the Super Star Showdown tour or are there other means of unlocking him... or it?
You need 150 stars to get him in Super Star Showdown. You need to unlock him to move on. In which then you need 200 stars to open the next lock >.>
Currently where I am now.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Ah I see.
...I was sorta expecting that Ages was the prize for collecting all stars in the tours...

If he's not the prize... then going for 200 stars just to unlock the next track is... odd isn't it? I mean, is there anything but a fancy sticker once we're done with all levels?
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

Well, I can only see as far the next event since I can't move the selection passed the lock.
AGES so far is the only character without a condole mod so far though. Guessing that'll be final prize.
On 185 stars now so getting good progress.

EDIT: Beat is making Ring Race events quite easy, the Chilly Castle VS event is proving impossible to S rank and I dare not go near Burning Depths for anything.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Yeah, AGES' console mod is the final unlockable, if I remember rightly. I've not got there myself, though. Still trying to get the gate unlocked XD
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

Well tonight I got 200 stars and unlocked the gate.
There's 2 more events until you hit the final unlockable which is AGES console mod.
You need all 232 stars to get it >.>
I dunno if I can do the Traffic Attacks though, I never even get close toS ranking them.
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

I just spent over 5 hours trying Traffic Attacks and I didn't win a single one.
I'm starting think these are just impossible to do as I can only clear 5-7 waves. They don't give you enough time in the checkpoints. You can't drift around corners either because of so many cars.

Also the Sprint on Burning Depths is proving impossible too. AGES seems to be faster than any character you can choose.
Whooa21
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Whooa21 »

Try doing as many stunts as you can. Since this is the only way to get boost