Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed!

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

Kaito-kun wrote:Ahh, I've barely touched GP mode: I've only had a quick run through of the first two GPs.
I went straight for GPs first to get a good feel of the of the game before tackling the missions.

I agree with Quills about the Traffic Attacks. So damn annoying!
Won't spoil who the last character you unlock in the World Tour is but it was great surprise for me.
Which mod suits traffic attack best Quills? I can't do any of them in S class.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Dr Shaneman wrote: I agree with Quills about the Traffic Attacks. So damn annoying!
Won't spoil who the last character you unlock in the World Tour is but it was great surprise for me.
Which mod suits traffic attack best Quills? I can't do any of them in S class.
Oh yeah, I remembered that last character. Shame on me. I'm afraid Online Play has already spoiled that last one for me XD .

Honestly though, I have no IDEA which mod works for Traffic attack. I'd say Handling is the better choice so someone like Tails and his handling mod would be a great choice. However, Acceleration is also not bad to get back on top speed after hitting a car. Someone with high acceleration and medium speed and handling isn't bad. Boost's pretty pointless in TA though.
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

Quills on Wheels wrote:Oh yeah, I remembered that last character. Shame on me. I'm afraid Online Play has already spoiled that last one for me XD .

Honestly though, I have no IDEA which mod works for Traffic attack. I'd say Handling is the better choice so someone like Tails and his handling mod would be a great choice. However, Acceleration is also not bad to get back on top speed after hitting a car. Someone with high acceleration and medium speed and handling isn't bad. Boost's pretty pointless in TA though.
Metal Sonic seems to get me through boost challenges quite well, I might try him as a test first.
A light character at any rate would suffice better.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

I don't play a lot as characters that I've already unlocked all mods for. I rather play as character which I still need to go for so I can get their mods unlocked too.
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

Quills on Wheels wrote:I don't play a lot as characters that I've already unlocked all mods for. I rather play as character which I still need to go for so I can get their mods unlocked too.
What I'm doing right now, though I'm using GPs to do that and trying for good weapon scores.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

What's everyone's online ratings if you don't mind me asking?
Whooa21
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Whooa21 »

http://steamcommunity.com/app/212480/di ... 698326847/
Finally they are fixing the region lock issue and I can now play the game with my gamepad without using a Xbox 360 controller emulator :P
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

I've still yet to thy the OutRun Bay track.
Wish you could paste it into a GP heh.
SoloNerfherder
Level 5
Level 5

Post by SoloNerfherder »

Hi, new to this thread, but I've been a semi-lurker on these forums for a couple of years :D

I got ASRT the day it came out, but I've only played enough to go through the single player World Tour once on normal difficulty, because of lack of time, other games I'm playing and TBH, ASRT just doesn't grab me as much as the first one. I read reviews for the game around the time it got released and it seemed universally praised, but not overtly so (especially the Wii U version :p )

I just noticed this thread and came to see what other people thought of the game. I read the last 3 or 4 pages, but I don't really have the time to read all 69 pages :D

Can someone break down the main criticisms of this game? I'm in two minds about ASRT. The graphics seem better in that there's more stuff going on, and yet (and this could be just my imagination), I feel like there's *too much* going on, so I can't pick out where I'm supposed to be going. I think this is especially true of more open tracks like the boat bits in the Outrun beach track. But in a more closed off track like the Burning Rangers one, I had more fun because I could tell more easily where I was supposed to go.
Also, despite there being seemingly more things to see, the graphics seem a little bit more blurry than the first game, and the framerate less smooth. Again this could be my imagination as I haven't played SSRT again to check, but I only just finished that game in summer last year (I came to it late :) )
And is the camera a little further out from the last game? I feel less in direct control of my vehicle because of that.

And yet, for all those things I don't like, it is strangely addictive in World Tour mode when I actually bother to sit down and play. The nostalgia factor is great, the music is great (though I think they should've kept the original games' songs, SSRT's music select system and combined that with the new medley/remixes into one big ball of audio awesomeness), some of the track ideas are awesome.

Not such a fan of the boating and especially flying sections, though, not to mention the drifting being nerfed so now it takes an ice age to charge up any turbo. The basic car racing mechanic is still almost as fun as the first game, just that drift nerfing annoys me. I think it's because of the drifting and weapons in the first one that kept me playing on the hardest difficulty even when I was tearing my hair out. I always felt like that I could beat the current race or challenge, but I don't feel like that nearly as much in ASRT. It seems much harder just for the sake of being hard. I guess that's because people bitched about the first one being too easy.

I'd be curious to see a breakdown of who actually buys games like this - a wider, casual audience, or an older, more hardcore, nostalgic SEGA fans, like me. The difficulty above normal is crushingly difficult, and I'm by no means bad at games, having grown up with them for the last 30 years. Maybe I just need more practice, but the game doesn't make me feel like I want to. And yet I want to be good at this game at the same time. So I guess I have a little bit of a love/hate relationship with this game :D

Thanks for reading if you've made it this far. Would love to know what other people think!
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

Avatar is the worst character so far.