Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed!

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
metalgamer
Level 8
Level 8

Post by metalgamer »

TheChaosBlue wrote:As far as tracks go, don't be hoping for that.
You'll be right. Tracks are the hardest thing to make, the chances of them making a new downloadable track for the game, console exclusive no less is almost impossible for them to do. I'd like a new character for the game, but I'm not getting my hopes up, the PC version has such good DLC characters, I'd like a piece of them.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Honestly, I don't even mind that the PC gets new DLC characters. It's the easiest to do so afterall. Even if (according to a few of you) thinks they are boring I would like to have them come to consoles too.

Also, these new characters are reperesting modern PC franchises SEGA owns, how classsy.
metalgamer
Level 8
Level 8

Post by metalgamer »

I guess it's fair it's strictly PC, just a shame we're missing out I guess.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Thing is, I wouldn't have bought the Ps3 version, had I known that the Pc version would receive exclusive content.
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

TheChaosBlue wrote:As far as tracks go, don't be hoping for that.
I never did to be honest.
SoloNerfherder
Level 5
Level 5

Post by SoloNerfherder »

Gonic wrote:Lets face it, the current rooster is pretty awesome on its own
Yeah, *roosters* are cool :laugh: Do the funky chicken!

This is probably gonna be an unpopular opinion, but I just wish they'd change the gameplay and graphics engine back to the first game's, and throw in the original tracks, so you can have the new characters on all the old courses. I don't have a problem with the new roster very much other than a few characters I liked from the original were removed. And bring back the old superstar attacks. I don't like the new ones, they're boring and have much less variety than the previous game. And it wasn't particularly obvious what they did visually, either. Call me dumb, but I still don't know what most of them do.

I kinda liked Transformed, but not as much as the original. I just played through the campaign once to see all the tracks and then walked away. For some reason, the drift turbo charging feels too slow, and I'm crap at the flying bits :D I love the music and some of the new tracks, especially the Outrun one and the final SEGA fan service one (I haven't played the game since Christmas so I've forgotten all the game's nomenclature :D). But often, the graphics felt blurrier than SASR, so I didn't feel like I could see what was up ahead.

As for the DLC characters, I thought this was a SEGA *all-stars* game. A couple of weird choices from unexpected series are cool, but PC or not, I'd much rather have "classic" SEGA character DLC, rather than some dood from a strategy game that I'm guessing few hardcore SEGA fans are that into. Maybe I'm wrong, but this series is SEGA's answer to Nintendo's fangasm series Smash Bros., as evidenced by the final course of Transformed. I would've thought sticking in characters from SEGA's heyday ought to be the priority. Or resurrecting obscure characters from old, forgotten games back in the day.

I guess I'm saying I'd rather see Shun Di drunk driving the Daytona Hornet down a recreation of a Dynamite Dux stage than General IDon'tKnowHisName from some RTS I've never played. My 2 cents; YMMV, and likely will :)
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Let's be honest the PC dlc characters aren't exactly amazing. They're basically the same sort of generic non-characters people joked about an EA fighter having way back when.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Reknoc wrote:Let's be honest the PC dlc characters aren't exactly amazing. They're basically the same sort of generic non-characters people joked about an EA fighter having way back when.
A Company of Heroes 2 rep

A Total War: Rome 2 rep

Okay, they may not be all that interesting but they are still new characters added to the game. Actually, makes me wonder if these two were swapped for more notable SEGA characters; the criticism would be greater.
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

TheChaosBlue wrote:A Company of Heroes 2 rep

A Total War: Rome 2 rep

Okay, they may not be all that interesting but they are still new characters added to the game. Actually, makes me wonder if these two were swapped for more notable SEGA characters; the criticism would be greater.
I don't think that's the case. From what I've gathered from a few of Steve Lycett's interviews, including the one I did, these kind of DLC characters take precedence in order to promote recent SEGA releases and/or franchises and don't forget Steam is a platform where it's cheaper to update games. Sumo Digital wanted to add "classic" SEGA characters as DLC to all versions of the game, not just Steam, and that might prove an investment SEGA just isn't keen on doing.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

KC wrote:I don't think that's the case. From what I've gathered from a few of Steve Lycett's interviews, including the one I did, these kind of DLC characters take precedence in order to promote recent SEGA releases and/or franchises and don't forget Steam is a platform where it's cheaper to update games. Sumo Digital wanted to add "classic" SEGA characters as DLC to all versions of the game, not just Steam, and that might prove an investment SEGA just isn't keen on doing.
So if that's the case, c'mon SEGA...