Poll: Possible Forum Merger with E-On?

Have something to say, or having any issues? Let us know...

Would You Support a Forum Merger with E-On?

Yes, I would.
56%
No, I wouldn't.
44%

Total votes: 18

TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

CapnCloudchaser wrote:Again, this is just my opinion, but running an online community is a lot like running a business. You need rules, staff, work getting finished to deadlines in order to make any real progress, goals for the future, a mission statement to work by, clear leaders that can inspire their community to contribute, marketing and advertising campaigns, and occasionally making difficult decisions that ultimately benefit the site later on.

Popular and big communities sure take a lot of work to build up. As I'm sure the staff are aware, taking care of a community is practically a second job, only an underpaid and under-appreciated one at that. I would say it's best to help each other out as much as possible!

I hear what you are saying, but what's done is done. I sound like I'm getting to much thought into this, but whatever positive opinions are to be said won't change the outcome.

There was a chance to make something happen, and the end result made it, well, not happen. I know there'll be other opportunites.

Honestly, I hope that this won't be the last time this merger thing gets talked about. Perhaps it was a little too soon for some people, I don't know.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

People are allowed to change their minds you know :P
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

CapnCloudchaser wrote:People are allowed to change their minds you know :P

I know, I did, but my vote was set.....it was no btw...

Again, I hope this gets talked again later in the year...but knows it won't.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

Meh, you men are stubborn is all I'm gonna say!
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

CapnCloudchaser wrote:Meh, you men are stubborn is all I'm gonna say!

Aw c'mon.....is it because what I said?
SimonShirley
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by SimonShirley »

CapnCloudchaser wrote:People are allowed to change their minds you know :P
Hmm... The more I read about this, the more I feel that I'm standing in the way of progress.

Maybe I made my choice too early.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Long time lurker and sometimes chief assistant. More the former.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Hmm....something on your mind about this foreversonic?
SimonShirley
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by SimonShirley »

Well, I had a knee-jerk reaction when I first heard about the idea, before it was explained to me. Then, when writing my essay of a post, I could see the benefits but had difficulty writing the negatives (see tweet). Now I feel like we've missed an opportunity of which I played a part of.

Long time lurker and sometimes chief assistant. More the former.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

foreversonic wrote:Well, I had a knee-jerk reaction when I first heard about the idea, before it was explained to me. Then, when writing my essay of a post, I could see the benefits but had difficulty writing the negatives (see tweet). Now I feel like we've missed an opportunity of which I played a part of.

Funny, as I had kind of the same reaction, but from a member's point of view. I know Gavvie is disappointed. Can't say for AAUK, but man, I felt we screwed up here....

I want there to be a way to change the decision, but the precedent has been laid out....
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

foreversonic wrote:Well, I had a knee-jerk reaction when I first heard about the idea, before it was explained to me. Then, when writing my essay of a post, I could see the benefits but had difficulty writing the negatives (see tweet). Now I feel like we've missed an opportunity of which I played a part of.
I had a knee-jerk reaction as well. My first thought was "LOL this is a shit idea" but when Gavvie explained it, it made a lot of sense and won me over.

I still think the staff need to have a sit down and decide for themselves. But don't fall under peer pressure either ;)