Poll: Possible Forum Merger with E-On?

Have something to say, or having any issues? Let us know...

Would You Support a Forum Merger with E-On?

Yes, I would.
56%
No, I wouldn't.
44%

Total votes: 18

Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Gavvie wrote:I suppose, if you want to cut it down to its most basic of levels, we want to rename our forums Entherial Online, and invite Sonic Wrecks, Emerald Coast & SEGA Media in on the party.
Oh, wait. Maybe this is a terrible idea after all. Entherial Online sounds like some sort of terrible Korean MMORPG.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

We've already agreed that we can look into changing the name of the forums if need be, so whilst E-On is the current name, there is no reason why we can't change it later. So ignore that bit as well.
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

RWDebara wrote:SW has a sonic rp thread, yeaaaa no.
*facedesk*
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

ArchangelUK wrote:Nice to see maturity off the charts here from some.

I'm sure you noted that since E-On came back online from its long absence not one person has actually posted in the roll play section you seem so terrified of.

I agree here.

Frankly, I don't care. Merging boast new members, more forums and such. On the other hand, a name change sounds like a big nono here.

And to be fair, E-On is recongizable name in the Sega/Sonic community. Here, most people don't know what it is.

I'm not going to vote on this, as I need to think about this.
BiafraRepublic
Level 1
Level 1

Post by BiafraRepublic »

To be honest, I'm opposed based on two key reasons reasons

1.) Identity: Largely touched on already, but RadioSEGA's community is a unique one that also powers RS itself. Losing that would cause all sorts of issues.

2.) E-On's forum software: E-On is based off of phpBB, which is (in my point of view) a poorly-designed forum script with severe security issues that still need to be addressed.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

BiafraRepublic wrote:To be honest, I'm opposed based on two key reasons reasons

1.) Identity: Largely touched on already, but RadioSEGA's community is a unique one that also powers RS itself. Losing that would cause all sorts of issues.
What identity exactly? People keep saying this but I want to know exactly what they mean.
BiafraRepublic wrote:2.) E-On's forum software: E-On is based off of phpBB, which is (in my point of view) a poorly-designed forum script with severe security issues that still need to be addressed.
Read the OP, its going to be vBulletin.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Again, the merged forum would be running on vB4, so I think that makes the second point irrelevant, personally.

I also personally feel that we can retain our identity after a possible merger, through the careful management of what forums we include as well as the obvious fact that we can skin the forum to reflect the site.
Titans Creed
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Titans Creed »

In the event of a merger it's quite simple.

You have one overall forum for use by all FOUR websites.

One general forum for Sonic stuff, one for non-sonic (or a seperate one altogether for a franchise if the need is large enough).

You have sub-forum for each website to keep any specific topics and such.

People can then be where they want to. You can also have specific mods for different areas of your forum.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Why does it feel like the people against the idea of this merging thing are being told there wrong?

Or am I the only one who thinks this?
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Not at all, we're just wanting to ensure that the facts are out there.

You're all entitled to your opinion, and if you're against a possible merger then that's fine. However, if the reason why you're against such a thing is something which isn't actually a problem in the first place, or something which we have noticed and resolved, then I feel it's fair to point that out.