Late and Live - Discussion Thread

The latest updates and comments on our Live Shows...
crippenstation
Level 9
Level 9

Post by crippenstation »

mtwinny wrote:Off-topic (sorry) but my brother's not the only one! *wink Wink*
So mtwinny and TheChaosBlue are related? I would've never guessed.

Anyway, glad you enjoy the shows too, SoloNerferder. Now to get foreversonic to announce upcoming themes more ahead of time so I can actually request music before the show... (I am really busy on Fridays)
Beware of your mind as it proves you wrong...
ResidentSD
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by ResidentSD »

Friday's very first Listener Mix is now available to download from SEGA Media, the iTunes Store and our RSS feed. Please accept my apologies for the podcast being made available slightly later than usual. I hope you all enjoy the show - after all, you chose the music!

I do have to make an apology however to SoloNerfherder, who I erroneously referred to as being from Australia in the show when he's actually from Japan. Please accept my apologies for this mistake.
ResidentSD
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by ResidentSD »

Just a note that the themes for our shows in April and May are all now lined up. Details are on the Late and Live Tracklistings thread but, in summary, they are as follows:

> Friday 6th April 2012 - Late and Live Mix (regular show)
> Friday 13th April 2012 - Hedgehog Re...Mix (Sonic remixes)
> Friday 20th April 2012 - DJ Mix (all music picked by ResidentSD)
> Friday 27th April 2012 - Listener Mix (as last week of month)
> Friday 4th May 2012 -
Late and Live Mix (regular show)
> Friday 11th May 2012 - Rap & Hip Hop Mix
> Friday 18th May 2012 -
Late and Live Mix (regular show)
> Friday 25th May 2012 -
Listener Mix (as last week of month)

All themes are subject to change, so keep your eye on the forums, the RadioSEGA Blog and our Twitter account for details of any changes from the above.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

This sounds pretty good! Looking forward to the Sonic show as well ^_^
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Oh snap, Rap & Hip-Hop Mix! Can't wait for that episode! :D
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

ResidentSD
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by ResidentSD »

mtwinny wrote:Oh snap, Rap & Hip-Hop Mix! Can't wait for that episode! :D
It's still eight weeks away but I'm kinda looking forward to that one too. I think I'll use that to debut Charles Hamilton on the show. There will be a supersize explicit tag on that episode!
ResidentSD
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by ResidentSD »

Oh how glad am I that I bought the Rap and Hip Hop Mix forward! I enjoyed that show so much. Thanks to everyone that took part!

As I mentioned on the show, we're now ten episodes in to Late and Live and I'd love to hear any comments or feedback you have so far. As much as I do like to hear people say that they like the show, this request is more to do with the things you don't like as much. Keep it constructive and I'll bear it in mind for future editions of Late and Live.

So if you've got anything you'd like to comment on, post it here and we'll see what the community thinks.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

ResidentSD wrote:Oh how glad am I that I bought the Rap and Hip Hop Mix forward! I enjoyed that show so much. Thanks to everyone that took part!

As I mentioned on the show, we're now ten episodes in to Late and Live and I'd love to hear any comments or feedback you have so far. As much as I do like to hear people say that they like the show, this request is more to do with the things you don't like as much. Keep it constructive and I'll bear it in mind for future editions of Late and Live.

So if you've got anything you'd like to comment on, post it here and we'll see what the community thinks.
Like we all mentioned during the show, a splendid episode and wonderful job on your part.

Any criticisms? Well...to me things seem just fine. I would like to hear more jingles/bumpers. The ones now a cool and well done, but mix it up depending on the theme of the show. Just a suggestion from a humble fan :)
ResidentSD
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by ResidentSD »

TheChaosBlue wrote:Like we all mentioned during the show, a splendid episode and wonderful job on your part.

Any criticisms? Well...to me things seem just fine. I would like to hear more jingles/bumpers. The ones now a cool and well done, but mix it up depending on the theme of the show. Just a suggestion from a humble fan :)
Thanks for your feedback!

I would absolutely love to have more jingles, especially in relation to particular shows (e.g. how cool would it have been to have some street jingles last night!) The problem with that is cost. Produced jingles are quite expensive (the ones I use now cost up to $10 each) and I think it's difficult to justify for potentially one off shows.

I may however think about doing that for very special or potentially repeatable shows in the future.

Thanks again for getting in touch - that's exactly the sort of feedback I was looking for.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

ResidentSD wrote:Thanks for your feedback!

I would absolutely love to have more jingles, especially in relation to particular shows (e.g. how cool would it have been to have some street jingles last night!) The problem with that is cost. Produced jingles are quite expensive (the ones I use now cost up to $10 each) and I think it's difficult to justify for potentially one off shows.

I may however think about doing that for very special or potentially repeatable shows in the future.

Thanks again for getting in touch - that's exactly the sort of feedback I was looking for.
No problem man! :D