Worst & Best Film's You've seen?

TV, Movies, Music, Books and all that other entertainment type stuff...
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

I quite liked The Day The Earth Stood Still for what it was, actually. Sure, doesn't hold a candle to other films of that ilk, and Keanu Reeves is still the biggest plank of wood ever seen, but it was enjoyable in its own way.

It's going to be a real struggle trying to pick the best film I've ever seen, as that's always subject to change, but when I saw the title one film stuck out for the WORST: Cursed.

I bought it due to the Wes Craven link, and really wish I hadn't. It's supposedly a horror-comedy, but really it's just woeful.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

richarddavies wrote:I watched this on Blu ray about 2 weeks ago. It's 30 years old now and it's still an absolutrly stunning looking film.
Yep, it and the first two Alien films are pretty much the very definition of ageless classics. They're still amazing to watch now.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Not actually watched any of those three in Blu-Ray to be honest. They have held up awfully well on DVD though, moreso than some other films that had been released since they came out.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

My favourite film is either the Aviator or The Fly. Both are pretty intense stories, main characters a crazy ambitious person and it all goes wrong. Not sure why I seem to gravitate to that kind of narrative (love Scarface and There Will Be Blood too). Bad Leiutenant that I saw the other day is right up there with them now though. For me the plot isn't that important, I'll read a book for that kind of thing, I like badass characters and spectacular action. Good films should have nice things to see and hear.

Don't know what the worst film I've seen is, I don't really remember bad ones for too long. I find those trashy teen american comedies like Superbad and Knocked Up pretty intolerable I suppose.
Tic Tac, sir?
TF73
Level 9
Level 9

Post by TF73 »

The first film that comes to mind when I think about worst film is The last house to the left. I just found it so disgusting that I turned it off and threw it in the garbage!

Lots of good films but I really think that Platoon is one of the best movies ever made. Shows a very honest picture of rotten war really is. Charlie Sheen at his best in this one!

Alternatively Star Wars Episode 6 is my choice of the day. An eternal classic!
crippenstation
Level 9
Level 9

Post by crippenstation »

TF73 wrote:Lots of good films but I really think that Platoon is one of the best movies ever made. Shows a very honest picture of rotten war really is. Charlie Sheen at his best in this one!
Off topic, but did you like the Platoon reference in the recent DirecTV ad? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2ZYIdmdx14
Beware of your mind as it proves you wrong...
Greatodyer
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Greatodyer »

Best Film - The Iron Giant.
I can't understate how much I love this film. The animation is amazing and the storyline is brilliant.

Worst Film - Super Mario Bros Movie
Do I really need to explain? It was just...terrible...
Takes more than expired soda to have a party. It takes guests, with breasts and mine don't count.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqbqtosuVk1qbr1yco1_500.jpg
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

One of the best movies I've seen in my opinion was...Enter the Dragon. Truely a marvelous piece of martial arts movie.

Worst? ....Street Figher.
xboy_in_da_house
Level 12
Level 12

Post by xboy_in_da_house »

Well I'm going to choose the third part of a movie franchise....
The Best part 3 movie in a series is "Army Of Darkness"
The Worst part 3 movie in a series is "Spider-Man 3"
both films are directed by Sam Raimi
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

One of the best movies I've watched must probably be the original Johnny English. Indeed a hilarious movie to watch. I loved every minute of the movie. So funny. I watched it probably 5 times now.