Yakuza 5

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Whooa21
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Whooa21 »

Reknoc wrote:What the hell is this weeb crap and why are SEGA wasting resources bringing this out instead of using it to make the next masterpiece in the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise.
Not sure if you are joking or not. But:
Click to reveal
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Whooa21 wrote:Not sure if you are joking or not. But:
Click to reveal
Clearly Rekky-boy doesn't like the Sonic series much (or not at all). So the sarcasm is heavy in his post.
Whooa21
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Whooa21 »

Twinny wrote:Clearly Rekky-boy doesn't like the Sonic series much (or not at all). So the sarcasm is heavy in his post.
Oh okay then XD
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Reknoc wrote:What the hell is this weeb crap and why are SEGA wasting resources bringing this out instead of using it to make the next masterpiece in the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise.
It was either this...or Phantasy Star Online 2...PFFFFFFFFFFFFFTNAH.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

What's funny is, while I wasn't watching the event I was getting updates on twitter, that after Yakuza 5 Sony showed the vita some "love" by announcing old ass games you'd get in a Steam sale and I was like "SEGA also has the power to save this, just announce Phantasy Star Nova" but it never happened :(

Guess you can only really expect one Christmas miracle.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Reknoc wrote:What's funny is, while I wasn't watching the event I was getting updates on twitter, that after Yakuza 5 Sony showed the vita some "love" by announcing old ass games you'd get in a Steam sale and I was like "SEGA also has the power to save this, just announce Phantasy Star Nova" but it never happened :(

Guess you can only really expect one Christmas miracle.
This so much
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Is it like at this point SEGA thinks a Yakuza game that came out two years ago in Japan could sell more internationally than a Phantasy Star game that's been released just eleven days ago in Japan?
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Twinny wrote:Is it like at this point SEGA thinks a Yakuza game that came out two years ago in Japan could sell more internationally than a Phantasy Star game that's been released just eleven days ago in Japan?
That's 2 years of fan demand though, and it seems the only reason they're bothering at all is because Sony is helping and I doubt Sony care enough to help with a Vita game!
SJSSF
Level 4
Level 4

Post by SJSSF »

Well I'm half excited but also half annoyed as a couple of months back I actually imported a copy of the game only to find out a few days back that it's coming to the west. (Although it does mean I do have a small advantage of knowing what to expect apart from the story itself outside of a guide.)

Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Everything I've looked into about playing it with translations looked about as fun as pulling teeth. It's why I never bothered, would rather not play it at all than play it and have it ruined for me.