Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Reknoc wrote:So, uh, I was right... Haruka really will have dance battles

http://andriasang.com/con2be/yakuza_battle_system/

Nagaoshi respect +1000
Oh good God. Take my money. Although it didn't help that I misread "Battles, either fights with regular street thugs or larger fights with powerful foes, blend into the game's adventure component seamlessly." as "Battles, either fights with regular street thugs or laser fights with powerful foes, blend into the game's adventure component seamlessly"

In all serious-ness though, considering SEGA's situation at the moment I reckon it'll be a digital only release in the West.

Either way, I want it.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Nah, I think Yakuza is a big enough franchise for SEGA to warrant putting it out on discs. It's a PS3 exclusive, so wouldn't cost them as much in distribution and production costs as something that's multiformat.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Gavvie wrote:Nah, I think Yakuza is a big enough franchise for SEGA to warrant putting it out on discs. It's a PS3 exclusive, so wouldn't cost them as much in distribution and production costs as something that's multiformat.
I suppose, but isn't SEGA trying to push towards a digital future blah, blah, blah, etc, etc...
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Gavvie wrote:Nah, I think Yakuza is a big enough franchise for SEGA to warrant putting it out on discs. It's a PS3 exclusive, so wouldn't cost them as much in distribution and production costs as something that's multiformat.
What.

Yakuza is a bomba franchise what are you talking about. We'd be lucky to even get it digital at this point in SEGAs life.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Look it at this way: It's never sold particularly well in the West, yet SEGA still have released every Yakuza game bar Kenzan and the two PSP games over here.

I reckon there'd be uproar if Yakuza 5 didn't make it over. If anything, they probably won't bother porting Yakuza 1&2 HD.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Gavvie wrote: I reckon there'd be uproar if Yakuza 5 didn't make it over. If anything, they probably won't bother porting Yakuza 1&2 HD.
I'd make an uproar of my own if the HD collection didn't make it. I haven't had a chance to play 1 or 2 yet.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

SEGA weren't in the situation they were in now when they released those games though.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

I've played them via PS3 as mine's backwards compatible, and they're not bad. Yakuza 2 is better than the first one, but that's not really saying much.

I'd quite like it to come out over here as well, but I reckon it's unlikely. If there was a choice, I'd much rather have 5.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

I wonder. The HD collection seems more likely to come over, since they're already translated. Though they'd likely have to undub Yakuza 1 so they don't need to pay royalties to the VAs.