Castlevania: Mirror of Fate - 2013

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Shibby
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Shibby »

*facepalm* you can still have a challenge without the danger of plummeting to your death. The castlevania had no need for a reboot, because frankly I think this reboot sucks and didn't make many of the hardcore castlevania fans happy.

And does it make a freaking difference weather it was new york or tokyo, they're still major city's with flashy lights and muggers thanks. the gameplay was medieval but the ending cutscene made it seem like the sequal would take place in a not so medieval place.
The Captain
Level 8
Level 8

Post by The Captain »

The best thing about it was the modern bit.

And if it was up to me, Patrick Stewart would have been Dracula.
Not totally teetotal.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Shibby wrote:*facepalm* you can still have a challenge without the danger of plummeting to your death. The castlevania had no need for a reboot, because frankly I think this reboot sucks and didn't make many of the hardcore castlevania fans happy.

And does it make a freaking difference weather it was new york or tokyo, they're still major city's with flashy lights and muggers thanks. the gameplay was medieval but the ending cutscene made it seem like the sequal would take place in a not so medieval place.
I was referring to Aria, it takes place in the middle of Tokyo. Castlevania did need a reboot, the amount of times Dracula kept getting resurrected was bordering the obscene. I will admit I would not care for a modern setting unless they do it like Aria, but I'm not sure if that's what they're gonna go for. Honestly a retelling of I/IV seems more likely.

edit: Teaser art suggests typical medieval setting. Or Gabriel built himself a sweet ass castle in the city.
The Captain wrote:The best thing about it was the modern bit.

And if it was up to me, Patrick Stewart would have been Dracula.
When they were showing the trailers I was convinced that the guy who played Lucius Malfoy was going to be Dracula since his lines and delivery were so perfectly suited.

Patrick Stewart was great though, and by great I mean awful. It was somewhat funny listening to each load screen since you could hear him care less and less each time.
BluePuyo
Level 9
Level 9

Post by BluePuyo »

I wouldn´t count LoS as the definitive reboot yet, not until these two rumored games follow the same storyline at least.

Let IGA keep the route of the traditional Castlevania games, and MS the new one. One handheld, one console, two continuities, both sides happy. It could work.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

BluePuyo wrote:I wouldn´t count LoS as the definitive reboot yet, not until these two rumored games follow the same storyline at least.
Which they will.
BluePuyo wrote:Let IGA keep the route of the traditional Castlevania games, and MS the new one. One handheld, one console, two continuities, both sides happy. It could work.
That's what I, and many others hoped (well at least traditional for IGA) would happen but... IGA has been silent for 2 years. The last game he was known to work on was the XBLA game. Even now a "2D" handheld game has been announced it seems IGA isn't working on it. It's possibly he'll be the advisor like Hideo Kojima was for Lords of Shadow I guess.

edit: Actually turns out he was credited as producer for a couple of games released last year; Otomedius Excellent and Leemees which is some XBLA Kinect game. lol
Shibby
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Shibby »

Okay It needed a reboot when the games still had thousands upon thousands upon thousands of fans. right.

Okay, new plan guys. Let's put Samus on earth, so that she has to kill people instead of aliens, and uses her boobs to bitch slap people in the face. Yeah, that will be awesome. While we're at it, she should secretly be a dog under that suit, who's also schooby doo's long lost cousin.

And make the teenage mutant ninja turtles into aliens.

OH, WAIT...
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

What does the amount of fans have to do with whether something should be rebooted or not? Marvel and DC do it all the time, authors want to do their own take on a franchise. Lords of Shadow is no different, Cox wanted to do his own take on the franchise and Konami let him.

And now they're letting him do it again, probably because it sold well.

Metroid doesn't even need a reboot to ruin the main character, since it was more than capable of doing it in Other M.

edit: Nothing too exciting except for a fruity description in the source but here's the teaser site for (more than likely) Lords of Shadow 2 http://www.thedragonreturns.com/
BluePuyo
Level 9
Level 9

Post by BluePuyo »

Shibby wrote:Okay It needed a reboot when the games still had thousands upon thousands upon thousands of fans. right.
It doesn´t work like that. The reboot was made to keep the franchise fresh.

I have to admit, the games seemed as if they were stagnating. I don´t have problem with "more of the same", but it doesn´t apply to everyone.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

I think even IGA knew it was time for a change. Starting with Portrait of Ruin and improving in Order of Ecclesia the structure was being changed. Would have been interesting to see how the next game would have been different.
Snakethehedgeho
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Snakethehedgeho »

I really don´t like so much the games in 2D that are in 3DS because is a 3DS It can´t have a game in 2D. :nono: