How did you meet Sonic?

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Gamma V
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Gamma V »

I first met Sonic on my 9th birthday. A friend of my family had a Genesis with Sonic 1. I'd been to that house a few times before then, and had seen the game in action, but my two sisters hogged the controller and wouldn't let me play. Since it was my birthday, they had to let me play. :D
Atrias
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Atrias »

My parents bought me the Master System II with Alex Kidd built in when I was about 6-7-8ish. A friends older brother ran a rental service at his house and at one point we picked up Sonic 2 on the Master System and I swiftly fell in love with the energy of the game, the speed, everything! I got into the UK STC comics (which I still own from issue 1) the various TV shows and have been a hardcore sega exclusive fan ever since!

(Hi all, by the way!!)
SonicFan
Level 6
Level 6

Post by SonicFan »

When I first played Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast....I just got hooked....so I've been a fan to SEGA and SONIC ever since
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Atrias wrote:A friends older brother ran a rental service at his house
Well that sounds dodgy...
kadosho
Level 9
Level 9

Post by kadosho »

I first found out about the humble blue hedgehog during one of Toys R'US"s special competitions. It was awhile back, but it was a fun event where players had a chance to check out some new demos for that fall's upcoming games. I was lucky enough to test play Green Hill Zone and a few other stages that they had available. Plus they gave away some bonus goodies for those that snagged the best time. 1991, it feels like another lifetime. But some fun memories.
Atrias
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Atrias »

Kaito-kun wrote:Well that sounds dodgy...
Knowing my parents at the time... it probably was! XD !!!

Have a feeling though he just had an arse load of games and wanted to get a bit of money for renting them, a load of kids locally went to him. Paid off in the end as I got his Atari ST 2600 with at least 250 games - and more demo disks than I could count to at the time - including an old dot-matrix printer and the original modem and two joysticks absolutely free! Still have it now, and its retro heaven!!
chickaroo1
Level 9
Level 9

Post by chickaroo1 »

Honestly, I don't remember...
I played him a LOT when I was little, it was my obsession back then XD

My first game I believe was Sonic Heroes
See my past reviews here! The Chickaroo Reviews Archive List is here!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-hi ... sp=sharing
Ace_Croft
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Ace_Croft »

I met him in a dark alley way...and he said he willing to sell me Light Speed Sneakers he no longer needed from the SA1 days.......AND HE HIT ME WITH A HOMING ATTACK and ran away with the money and sneakers!

Being serious now XD

I got into Sonic when I was a kid bout 3/4 years old in 1996 when my sister had Sonic the Hedgehog 2 for the Mega Drive II which was my first Sonic game ever played and then I go on to have all this > http://i.imgur.com/NqaDW.jpg
Come follow my ramblings on Twitter @ www.twitter.com/Ace_Croft
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Shaddix_Croft wrote:I met him in a dark alley way...and he said he willing to sell me Light Speed Sneakers he no longer needed from the SA1 days.......AND HE HIT ME WITH A HOMING ATTACK and ran away with the money and sneakers!

Being serious now XD

I got into Sonic when I was a kid bout 3/4 years old in 1996 when my sister had Sonic the Hedgehog 2 for the Mega Drive II which was my first Sonic game ever played and then I go on to have all this > http://i.imgur.com/NqaDW.jpg
Didn't you pay attention to that Sonic Sez segment about strangers? XD
Jon the VGNerd

Post by Jon the VGNerd »

When I played the demo version of Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast back around 1998 or 1999. :biggrin: