Sonic Adventure 3 thread

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Doesn't mean the team won't automatically start on making one.
Shibby
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Shibby »

I liked the discussion going on in the other thread [which i don't think should have got closed, I was about to post in it when it got closed, even though it didn't break any of radio sega's rules, the guy was only asking for suggestions if he were to make a flash game...kinda disappointed. "pointless" is a harsh word considering you could say a lot of posts here are essentially "pointless"....but I digress.]

But anyway, if Sonic Adventure 3 were to come out, What do you think the theme of the game should be? or what it should be about? Should Shadow make an appearance? what about knuckles? Tails? Amy? Big the cat?

Now I've never had the chance to play the Sonic adventure games [it's a shame really...] I really liked hearing people's ideas and really wanted to know what sonic fans would do to the game itself and whatnot.
Anyway, I never liked the idea of Shadow being a robot :c I thought they already made a sequel to "Shadow the hedgehog" where he controls a lot of robots, but you play as Sonic? If there were anything I would change, it would be that, actually. It was always such a weird idea to me, making him a robot. I think he should play a role in the game, somehow. I also think it would be cool to have Knuckles as a playable character as well.

so...discussions! Go forth, my min--I mean...fellow comrades!

Edit: Thank you kaito C:

Moderator Edit: Since I've re-opened the original thread you were hoping to replace with this post I've merged the posts into a single thread. The parts of your post that have been made redundant by these actions have been left in the post, however, a strike tag has been used to indicate what is no longer necessary. Feel free to edit this post further if you are unhappy with the actions taken. - Kaito

Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Oh, let the kid dream.

I'm not keen on the idea of Sonic Adventure 3 myself (heck, I wouldn't be phased if SEGA finally granted Sonic his long over-due retirement) but if thesonicfan209 wants to let his creative juices flow then I'm not gonna stop him. Unlocking~
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Sigh....we all know Sonic will be the main character.

You know, if Sonic Adventure 3 happens but with small tweaks to the current formula (like making Boost not as dependent), making Sonic's running speed the default and incorporate more skills into Sonic moveset. After all Sonic Adventure 3 is just a name.

Story; it won't be taking place after SA2, Sonic Adventure and its sequel had no real correlation whatsoever so SA3 really has nothing to come off from SA2. Kinda like what Quills said.
Shibby
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Shibby »

Well it wouldn't really be "sonic adventure 3" if sonic wasn't the main character? XD

Iunno I really like the boost in the sonic games...but that's just me.

If the story were to include shadow, it has to come sometime after Shadow the Hedgehog, or else things would get reeeaaallly confusing. But if it didn't, It actually could possibly take place after SA2. It could be like a prequel to other games in the series perhaps?
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

I didn't play Sonic 06, so I don't know if they were in there or not but I would like to see some love given to Silver and Espio. (as in make them more than just side characters)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Wrath Oskvro wrote:I didn't play Sonic 06, so I don't know if they were in there or not but I would like to see some love given to Silver and Espio. (as in make them more than just side characters)
I haven't played it either, but I know that Silver made his début in and most of his back story comes from Sonic '06.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Shibby wrote:Well it wouldn't really be "sonic adventure 3" if sonic wasn't the main character? XD

Iunno I really like the boost in the sonic games...but that's just me.

If the story were to include shadow, it has to come sometime after Shadow the Hedgehog, or else things would get reeeaaallly confusing. But if it didn't, It actually could possibly take place after SA2. It could be like a prequel to other games in the series perhaps?
What I meant is that there don't have to be a direct sequel to SA2. If it includes Shadow that's fine, but it can be after, say after Generations. Sonic Team never really had much thought of a main series game happen in between two main series games. And prequel? I don't think so; I thought Sonic 4 was 'bridging the gap' between Sonic 3 and Knuckles and Sonic Adventure anyway?
Shibby
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Shibby »

I agree, Espio needs more love.

Also it's just a thought, no need to get all defensive about it. Besides nobody really knows what sega could be up to anyway. It's not uncommon for game developers to make prequels. In fact SA3 could be an entirely new game if they were to make one, that didn't really follow off from any previous games...like a majority of their games, actually.

I think having espio in the SA3 main story line would be awesome. Maybe delving a little into HIS past? Or maybe silver, even.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Shibby wrote:I agree, Espio needs more love.

Also it's just a thought, no need to get all defensive about it. Besides nobody really knows what sega could be up to anyway. It's not uncommon for game developers to make prequels. In fact SA3 could be an entirely new game if they were to make one, that didn't really follow off from any previous games...like a majority of their games, actually.

I think having espio in the SA3 main story line would be awesome. Maybe delving a little into HIS past? Or maybe silver, even.
Who was being defensive? XD Sorry if was coming off that way, I'm just real skeptical about Sonic Team trying something different now that Generations has more or less perfected the Modern Formula.