Bayonetta 2 Announced Exclusively For Wii U!

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Rekky getting pissed? Look, I don't wanna shell $300 on a another system just to play a sequel. Anyone who would do that...just wow. And judging by your posts you make it seem anything Nintendo touches makes it a freaking goldmind or something...
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Someone is getting a wee bit pissed off....

I now see what's going on; Nintendo really cares about taking on the "third party developer" so accquiring this game while it was on its death kneel was a good decision to most people; there are fans of this game and if they want to play it then they need to buy the console.

Ninty got publishing rights; an I read on the SSMB about this 'rumor' of Bayonetta 2 being scrapped mid-development or something? For those who are really stoked for this seeing Nintendo be the ones to revive it should a blessing to said fans.

At first I was questioning why the sequel was WiiU-exclusive....but now I can kinda get the pieces together the best way I can.

And SEGA need the MONEY don't they? Didn't the first sell well enough for them?
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

mtwinny wrote:Rekky getting pissed? Look, I don't wanna shell $300 on a another system just to play a sequel. Anyone who would do that...just wow. And judging by your posts you make it seem anything Nintendo touches makes it a freaking goldmind or something...
No, I understand people don't want a WiiU, until today with the MonHun and Bayo2 announcements I was pretty meh on it myself (zombieu lol).

The thing is, people aren't even trying to understand why Bayo2 is an exclusive. The fact of the matter is, it undersold, was it fucking amazing? Yes. Does quality translate into sales? No. SEGA are not the company they were, I mean jesus, look at Anarchy Reigns and the massive gap between Japan and Western releases despite the fact the game is already localized.

I brought up Dragon Quest and Monster Hunter, the point of me bringing them up is that they were both games that has a fanbase in the west but not one that guaranteed good sales. Honestly their chance of getting another release in the west was grim. Yet, Nintendo gave those games a chance, not only that they pushed them both hard like I saw Monster Hunter adverts in the shopping centre's advertising boards. DQ got TV commercials. They ended up doing much better sales-wise as a result.

I actually didn't realise when bringing them up that both are coming to the WiiU, okay so not exactly exclusives, but sorta kinda? But it brings it back to exclusive for the sake of the controls. I'm not saying these games wont use the controller's screen, in fact with how much it costs I sure as hell hope they do! But it's unlikely that the controller is going to be the primary selling point. With both games they are being advertised as being the HD versions. In fact, Monster Hunter Tri was a Wii exclusive and barely used the wiimote, hell it was even bundled with the Classic Controller Pro. Dragon Quest X, a Wii exclusive, very little use of Wii features.

So yes, games on the WiiU will use the screen, of course they will. but using the screen =/= gimmicky game. Bayonetta 2 will likely be exactly the game Platinum wanted to make.

Anyway really all this comes to is this: SEGA would probably never have risked releasing a Bayonetta 2, Nintendo are giving it a chance, so of course it's going to be exclusive to their console.

Will Nintendo publishing it automatically make it sell well? No, honestly it will probably still sell poorly. Will they do a better job of publishing it than SEGA did of the first game? Yes, because any effort is better than no effort.

edit: Ah yes, TheChaosBlue actually brought up some good points I forgot to mention.

Nintendo has been promising since pretty much the announcement to do a better job of getting third party support, to get the sort of games the "hardcore" want. I think that, by helping Bayonetta 2 become a finished product they are showing that they mean what they say with that. Okay so, it's not perfect after all they are still publishing it themselves, but its still a step.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

So...it's was Ninty bringing the sequel back or no Bayonetta 2 seeing the light of day basically. Hey, I'm not trying to get on anyone's bad sides; I'm getting to understand the situation here.

I do want to try out a game like this; I just won't have the money to buy what's needed in my current situation.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

TheChaosBlue wrote:So...it's was Ninty bringing the sequel back or no Bayonetta 2 seeing the light of day basically. Hey, I'm not trying to get on anyone's bad sides; I'm getting to understand the situation here.

I do want to try out a game like this; I just won't have the money to buy what's needed in my current situation.
This is very likely to be the case. I'm trying not to talk in absolutes since no one really knows, but I mean, how much Bayonetta 2 did we know about before now? Just sly comments by Kamina and then the rumour of its cancellation.

Also someone retweeted this earlier:
SEGA wrote:@AkiraAoyamaBayonetta 2 is exclusive to a Nintendo platform because it's being published by Nintendo.
https://twitter.com/SEGA/status/246274757874561024
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

But you know fans of the original were pissed when its was going to be on the Wii U for they all had PS3s & 360s (tho mainly 360s cuz the PS3 ver is a crappy port from what I'm told). They're not gonna get a new console just to play it.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Reknoc wrote:This is very likely to be the case. I'm trying not to talk in absolutes since no one really knows, but I mean, how much Bayonetta 2 did we know about before now? Just sly comments by Kamina and then the rumour of its cancellation.

Also someone retweeted this earlier:

https://twitter.com/SEGA/status/246274757874561024
I've seen that tweet; a pretty straight-forward statement.

Well the game has been announced and it's practically here and that can't change right?
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

I can get behind that, but honestly that's the sort of feeling that should last for like, a minute at most. If they really were fans of the game then they should be happy that a sequel is coming out at all.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

mtwinny wrote:But you know fans of the original were pissed when its was going to be on the Wii U for they all had PS3s & 360s (tho mainly 360s cuz the PS3 ver is a crappy port from what I'm told). They're not gonna get a new console just to play it.
Then like me and a bunch of other people. They will just have to deal with it.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

I remember when RARE announced the remake of Conkers Bad Fur Day on the xbox, at first I was a little annoyed since I didn't really have any intention of getting an xbox, but then I realised how cool it was that RARE were doing anything with the game at all.

then i got an xbox and the game but it turned out to be shit but thats besides the point