Bayonetta 2 Announced Exclusively For Wii U!

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Want to know why its exclusive?

BECAUSE NINTENDO ARE PUBLISHING IT

Just like they published Monster Hunter and Dragon Quest in west, they're making a gamble on risky property because they know people want it.

THEY ALSO WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW THEY ARE SERIOUS ABOUT THEIR THIRD PARTY PROMISES.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Dr Shaneman wrote:Well how often do you see PS3/360 releases suddenly turn to Nintendo exclusives?
It's gotta be the controller.
Nah, the way I see it things went like this:

(Gather round children, it's RadioSEGA Community Theatre time!)

Scene: A board meeting at Nintendo:

Reggie Fils-Anime: "We need something exclusive. Something that the "Core" gamers will recognise but isn't a straight port. Johnson! See what can rustle up!"

Johnson quickly minimizes the webpage he been browsing on his netbook.

Reggie: "What was that?! It looked like you were browsing por-"

Johnson (Quickly): "Uh! Remember Bayonetta? That game? Yeah! It was that! HEY! We could release a sequel to that!"

Reggie: "I dunno...Would SEGA be willing to make a deal for the rights? We'll ring them?"

Reggie gives SEGA a ring.

Reggie: "Heyyyyy, SEGAAAAA, what'cha doin'? Actually I don't care. Business. Right, you know that Bayonetta game you published?"

SEGA Person: "Yeaaaah...That one that sold about twelve copies."

Reggie: "That's the one! Can we have the rights to a WiiU excluvie sequel?"

SEGA: "...Y-You're serious?"

Reggie: "Yeah."

SEGA: "...Fuck it, why not? I'm sure Platinum will be happy to put another one out. We want to keep an eye on things though, m'kay?"

Reggie: "Sure, thanks now. Toodles!"

Reggie hangs up.

Reggie: "Johnson! You've done it again! Take the rest of the day off!"
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Oh. Sorry XD
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Depending on if the rumour of SEGA originally canning the sequel is true (it probably is) then that would mean this game was probably mostly finished before Nintendo decided to pick it up.

But hey don't let stuff like that get in the way of retarded baby whining.
Twinny
News Team
News Team

Post by Twinny »

Reknoc wrote:Want to know why its exclusive? BECAUSE NINTENDO ARE PUBLISHING ITJust like they published Monster Hunter and Dragon Quest in west, they're making a gamble on risky property because they know people want it.THEY ALSO WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW THEY ARE SERIOUS ABOUT THEIR THIRD PARTY PROMISES.
You may care but I don't give a damn bout Monster Hunter or Dragon Quest and even if I was, they would be on the Wii U because of its new feature: i.e. the GamePad. And being the poor sap I am, would play those titles just cuz of the controller. Thus Shane's kinda right, Platinum Games are gonna whore the hell out of the GamePad just to benifet Ninty, which sucks imo. And Nintendo's going all high and might cuz they have an IP that SEGA once had.

SkillJim
Level 1
Level 1

Post by SkillJim »

Sucks that's it's Nintendo only, makes no sense to me, it was a very highly rated and popular Xbox original. Hate it when games change consoles through their sequals. Look at Project Zero, first 2 games on the Xbox 360, then 3rd game on the PS2 only, then the 4th on the Wii only. Very bad way of keeping fans happy.
Twinny
News Team
News Team

Post by Twinny »

SkillJim wrote:Sucks that's it's Nintendo only, makes no sense to me, it was a very highly rated and popular Xbox original. Hate it when games change consoles through their sequals. Look at Project Zero, first 2 games on the Xbox 360, then 3rd game on the PS2 only, then the 4th on the Wii only. Very bad way of keeping fans happy.
This. All of this.

Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Fucking christ you people.

live in your fantasy world (oh ahah) where a Bayonetta sequel would happen without Nintendo's help I guess. Hey maybe you'll get Shenmue 3 as well!
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Project Zero was never on the 360 lol. And i'm sure the first 2 was on the Ps2

Edit: Just checked. First 3 games came out on PS2, the x box got a re enhanced version. PZ4 came out in 2008 way after the PS2 lifespan
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

The original game was practically an exclusive anyway since SEGA did such a piss poor job of the PS3 port lolololol