Would Knuckles be able to make a stand alone game?

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Yeah console based games based on side characters from the Sonic Universe seem unlikely nowadays. Tails sky patrol and Tails Adventure wasn't great and neither was Shadow the Hedgehog. Side character based games seem like a bad idea for SEGA.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Quills on Wheels wrote:Yeah console based games based on side characters from the Sonic Universe seem unlikely nowadays. Tails sky patrol and Tails Adventure wasn't great and neither was Shadow the Hedgehog. Side character based games seem like a bad idea for SEGA.
Like ideas could be thrown around but Sonic Team wouldn't give a go ahead knowing it has to be Sonic front and center. And then side characters join in ala Sonic Dash & Sonic Jum.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Twinny wrote:Like ideas could be thrown around but Sonic Team wouldn't give a go ahead knowing it has to be Sonic front and center. And then side characters join in ala Sonic Dash & Sonic Jum.
Lol Sonic Dash....

I think they're running out of characters to put for that game.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Quills on Wheels wrote:Lol Sonic Dash....

I think they're running out of characters to put for that game.
a problem they are literally never going to come across.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

I've always hated playing as knuckles. Even in Sonic 3/&K he seemed tacked on and not properly adapted to the levels. In Adventure 1&2 he was pretty much the main stink bomb of the games. Those gem finding levels were the real pube on the pizza. Would take a lot to convince me this marra could carry a game on his own.
Tic Tac, sir?
Buta
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Buta »

I'd love to see a Knuckles focused game (loving the history idea)... as others have said though, fat chance. Knuckles has not had a solo-game by now, and probably will never will.

Shadow the Hedgehog was probably only a cash in on his character's popularity for the new generation, looking at it from a business-orientated view.

Here's to hoping they surprise us, eh? :)
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Twinny wrote:Because we all know according to SEGA in the West, mobile games are where it's at. :V
Mobile games and PC strategy titles.
Killer French Bread wrote:I've always hated playing as knuckles. Even in Sonic 3/&K he seemed tacked on and not properly adapted to the levels. In Adventure 1&2 he was pretty much the main stink bomb of the games. Those gem finding levels were the real pube on the pizza. Would take a lot to convince me this marra could carry a game on his own.
I'll agree with you on Adventure 2 (never bothered with Adventure 1), but he wasn't bad in the Sonic Advance series. Was handy for exploration.
Buta wrote:Here's to hoping they surprise us, eh? :)
Here's to hoping they don't.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Kaito-kun wrote:PC strategy titles.
Oh please. The whole game industry could focus on PC Strategy titles and I'd be the happiest little bugger. In fact, It's about time the age of strategy games rises again, it's been too quiet lately with little new strategy games. Now we're getting all these new games (Civ), some new IPs (planetary Annihilation) and some old gems re-released (Age of Mythology, Rise of Nations).

Next stop: Sonic Empires, the faster RTS ever. *shot*
Sergadra
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Sergadra »

Hm i would like to know more about knuckles past it would have to be something with treasure hunt and about the Chaos Emeralds also the master emerald. There could be chaos in it and a bit about his family.

The game mechanic could be like in Sonic Adventure but not so buggy ^^ would love some other Adventure like Sonic adventure.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Sergadra wrote:The game mechanic could be like in Sonic Adventure but not so buggy ^^
Sonic Adventure was buggy?