SEGA Mixer Drive - Discussion Thread

The latest updates and comments on our Live Shows...
yuzoboy
Level 1
Level 1

Post by yuzoboy »

Would be great to hear some Sonic 3 OCRemixes:
housethegrate - "Walk on Water" (Sonic The Hedgehog 3)
Danny Baranowsky - "Knuckleduster" (Sonic The Hedgehog 3) to name a few.
SoloNerfherder
Level 5
Level 5

Post by SoloNerfherder »

Hey, just wanted to drop a quick line to say thanks to the sexy peeps who fixed the iTunes feed! W00T!

When I'm done with this darn job application I have to finish toute suite, I'll see if I can't get through some of this mountain of SMD podcasts (3.5 months-worth!), and post some requests here.

Thanks for making such a fun show, Rexy, and thanks to the podcasts peeps/peepettes who got everything working again. :decide: :gottogo:
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

SoloNerfherder wrote:Hey, just wanted to drop a quick line to say thanks to the sexy peeps who fixed the iTunes feed! W00T!
Well, first of all, I'm really sorry for not doing this earlier. Second, I'm glad you're enjoying the show. We'll try to update the feed as soon as the podcast is available on RadioSEGA Media.
SoloNerfherder
Level 5
Level 5

Post by SoloNerfherder »

KC wrote:Well, first of all, I'm really sorry for not doing this earlier. Second, I'm glad you're enjoying the show. We'll try to update the feed as soon as the podcast is available on RadioSEGA Media.
Yeah, it kinda sucked that I was without the show for a couple of months or more. But hey, I'm sure the RadioSEGA crew are busy. No doubt you all have lives outside of RadioSEGA, so I'm just happy that you guys eventually got everything working again :)

Also awesome to have chaptering. BTW, did you guys start adding where you got the tracks (OCRemix track no's, etc.) in the chapter track lists? Or was that always in there? Anyway, I only just noticed it, and it's super useful for finding tracks I heard in the show! :guitar:
Rexy
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Rexy »

In the chapter tracks, I add a URL to where the song can be found if it's freely available. Otherwise, if it requires a commercial purchase it's either left blank or its equivalent VGMDB listing page is listed. Glad to see you're enjoying the show again =)

Talking of which, that took so long to get on track. But yeah, circumstances ended up changing September drastically in more ways than one.

Firstly, due to the Gunstar Heroes OC Remix release, September has changed around drastically:

September 13: SMD Presents 'Be Aggressive!'
September 20: Free-For-All / Catch-up
September 27: DJ Mix?

The reason why the DJ Mix has a question mark is that one thing that has been established since late August is the addition of a Request Pool, which means you can request any track you want, any day you want, and it will be heard in a future show. A substantial amount was contributed over Twitter during the course of the themed week string in particular, and with that there's enough support to make next Friday's show a Free-For-All. Any additions to the pool remain to be seen, but one thing's for sure is that with everything that's been going on lately, a catch-up is needed.

In addition, the hand-picked Remix Highlights have become a thing of their own, and I have thus stated a plan for the Season Finale, which will happen on Friday 6th December. It will be a 2-hour Year In Review, focusing entirely on the new material that had been out that year - and I opened the doors to you guys to help me pick half of the setlist!

There will be 11 polls going through the 11 months of the year (yes, I know there were 13 shows left at the time, but we will get to that in October), and if you were around for them (or not?), then you can rally support for your favorite new releases! The January poll is still open, but only up until 7:30PM UK time tomorrow night - click here, take a listen to the tracks, and fill in the poll. Then that's all you need to do up until tomorrow, when February will be opened. Kinda tedious, I know, but I wouldn't do an entire page filled with 200+ songs, right? :P

Either way, I will catch you all tomorrow for the run through 'Be Aggressive!' - pew pew away! :)
Rexy
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Rexy »

Just a quick post in here to say that the January poll has closed, and the first track from it has been pulled. As stated, no revelations until December itself.

Onwards to February now - you can click here for the new release highlights from shows 5-8, so let's see what you thought of these! The poll is open until 7:30PM next Friday.

September 20 will be a Free-For-All / Catch-up episode. So much to go through after so many specials =)
Rexy
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Rexy »

Another post from me, then. February is now closed and the second track has been pulled for the Season Finale.

Let's move onto March now - go click here for the releases from shows 9-13, and state your thoughts! There are two strange twists here:

1) One of the entries is the Sonic Stadium Music Adventure 2012. If you enjoyed the album, state your favorite tracks in the textbox below the question.
2) Due to real life obligations, next week's show is on a Saturday at 7PM. So effectively, you have until 7:30PM NEXT SATURDAY to cast your vote.

We've barely scraped the surface tonight with the catchup, so it's another Free-For-All next week. Then I will reveal my plans for October :)
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

Just wanted to let everyone know that both RadioSEGA Media and the iTunes feed are updated with all SMD shows, including last night's. So there's really no excuse to miss any of the episodes. :)
Rexy
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Rexy »

Okay, so we've closed off Saturday in style - bizarre time for an SMD but with Brandon Strader coming in near the end it just turned out to be ridiculous in every sense of the word xD Nice going!

So, as stated, we have our show outlook for October. Let's run it down:

October 4 - Racing Edition
October 11 - Free-For-All
October 18 - DJ set? (Definitely a pre-recorded show)
October 25 - Halloween Edition

So we have two specific themes in this one. Racing is self-explanatory - if the source material was originally in a racing game that Sega developed / published, I will take it in. Can't do tracks in racing games that were originally from other games to begin with, so non-Racing-oriented tracks from ASRT and Ollie King are out of the window.

Halloween... now that feels a little more open. The mix just has to sound spooky and/or covers a source tune/game originally considered spooky to begin with (so have at it if you want / find some House of the Dead coverage!). It's gonna be chilling in every sense of the word.

The pre-recorded one is going to happen during a week's break away in Spain for me; no way I can leave you guys behind even if I'm in a different country. Either way, whether that will be a DJ set or Free-For-All will be decided closer towards the time.

I'm seeing some interesting results for the 2013 In Review polls so far, so let's keep rolling into April's selections (shows 14-17). What were your personal favorites out of THIS wild bunch? Just use the sliders to state your thoughts on the individual ones, and I'll take care of the rest. This poll will close at 7:30PM on Friday 4 October - not much time in comparison to previous weeks, but should be enough to digest everything.

Nevertheless, thank you all for tuning in tonight, and I will catch you next Friday! :)
Rexy
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Rexy »

Fun racing night, right? If you missed it, you can always look out for the podcast which should come pretty soon.

In the meantime, the May 2013 In Review poll has now gotten started (shows 18-20) - what did you make of these tracks? Again, just use the buttons to state your thoughts on the individual ones and I'll handle the rest from here. It'll close at 7:30PM on Friday 11 October - back to a normal time frame, I believe.

Next week is a Free-For-All as stated. If you're sick of racing, or just want more, or want something entirely different, the request pool will always be open :)