25 People Dead at An Elementary School, Most Children

What it says on the tin...
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Kaito-kun wrote:Interesting how that story seems to make all the headlines over here, but not this one which happened on the same day.

Ah well, 'murica I guess.

Well, the shooting could probably do with more exposure because it should make America rethink its outdated gun laws. But of course it wont and more stuff like this will keep happening in an apparent civilized first world country.

Both are equally tragic however.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Reknoc wrote:Well, the shooting could probably do with more exposure because it should make America rethink its outdated gun laws. But of course it wont and more stuff like this will keep happening in an apparent civilized first world country.

Both are equally tragic however.
Exactly; nothing will ever get done if our government can stop bickering and being asshats.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

I remember watching something related to this a while ago...

Bowling for Colombine... yeah... that... by the director Moore guy. Yeah that one told me alot about America and it's gun laws... rather stupid if you ask me.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Quills on Wheels wrote:I remember watching something related to this a while ago...

Bowling for Colombine... yeah... that... by the director Moore guy. Yeah that one told me alot about America and it's gun laws... rather stupid if you ask me.
The things is people always think guns are what cause violence, but that guy that killed those kids in China stabbed them to death. Doesn't matter how you kill, it's totally out of hand when you do it regardless.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

mtwinny wrote:The things is people always think guns are what cause violence, but that guy that killed those kids in China stabbed them to death. Doesn't matter how you kill, it's totally out of hand when you do it regardless.
Nevertheless, gun control laws have been spiraling in this country. It's always a mess whenever there's talk of doing something to change it.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

The guy in China didn't kill anyone, that's the difference. He had a knife, and did what damage he could but everyone lived. Guy in America has a gun and surgically goes round taking people out more efficiently than michael myers.
Tic Tac, sir?
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Killer French Bread wrote:The guy in China didn't kill anyone, that's the difference. He had a knife, and did what damage he could but everyone lived. Guy in America has a gun and surgically goes round taking people out more efficiently than michael myers.
I guess having a gun goes above all else in incidents like this. It's like the ideal weapon to use or something....still wrong though, no matter what use to physically harm others, right?
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

yeah of course, but i don't think you can say guns haven't played a role in this. With the guns that kid had, you can rack up in 20 minutes a kill count that took harold shipman 20 years.
Tic Tac, sir?
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

mtwinny wrote:The things is people always think guns are what cause violence, but that guy that killed those kids in China stabbed them to death. Doesn't matter how you kill, it's totally out of hand when you do it regardless.
Yes of course never the less, the even in China was just as bad and it was with a knife. However I believe that the gun laws are the determining factor of how OFTEN these incidents happen and how many more casualties they have. A gun is certainly more dangerous then a knife and at the proper range, can kill anybody.

We can't stop the deaths from happening but what we can stop is how often they happen and how many people die in it. I'm ready to bet that America as the most local deaths then any other country and it could be decreased if the gun law was to be removed.
Then again, going back to that movie on Bowling for Columbine I remember that there was a look at Canada and how it's so much more peaceful there even though they allow guns. I believe the blame was put on the media that scares the people most of the time.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

How was the guy in China just as bad? Unless it was like some scene from that film Machete, I'd much rather be up against him than the latest american nerd raging out with his parent's automatic rifles.
Tic Tac, sir?