Suggestions / Ideas for the Radio

Have something to say, or having any issues? Let us know...
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

Well thanks to Whoa, I'm now sorted. So I'm going to get started as soon as I get up tomorrow morning.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Speedingsonic2 wrote:I'm trying to get myself heard lol. Not that I'm being desperate or anything. :p
You kind of are.
RapidRun
Level 3
Level 3

Post by RapidRun »

Wow, this thread hasn't seen the light of day in ages, it seems...anyways, I have a suggestion: what do you guys think about adding timestamps (I think that's what they're called) to the now playing section of the website? Like, the kind that show the time elapsed for the current song. I've seen other stations that I frequenty visit, like OC Remix Radio and Radio Hyrule have them, and I'd love to see this fine website have it as well. ^_^
Whooa21
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Whooa21 »

RapidRun wrote:Wow, this thread hasn't seen the light of day in ages, it seems...anyways, I have a suggestion: what do you guys think about adding timestamps (I think that's what they're called) to the now playing section of the website? Like, the kind that show the time elapsed for the current song. I've seen other stations that I frequenty visit, like OC Remix Radio and Radio Hyrule have them, and I'd love to see this fine website have it as well. ^_^
It seems to be possible, will have a look at it and have a discussion with the rest of the team.
Thanks!
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Here's an odd one. Don't know if I'm in the right place but I was wondering whether we could liven the forum up a bit. I mean the site has gone through changes and they look great. Whooa and the rest of the dev teams have done a great job modernizing the website but I still feel like there's room for improvement.

For example, the blogs. I don't know about anyone else but I often miss them because I forget they even exist. Any chance they could also be part of the notifications list? That way I think a lot of potential blog readers will see suitable blogs and the feature will get used more.

And this is just personal taste but how about an update on our list of Smileys? They're pretty outdated. I mean I know it doesn't matter but any chance we can get a new set of smileys? Some personalized sega ones too? Maybe some Radio sega gif smileys as well? In another forum I used to be at they once had a contest for new smileys where contestants created original smileys for the forum. I participated myself.

Some other features of the community forums have also become outdated/useless. I remember maybe like five years ago I'd be excited about the "Group" section of the forum where you make your own groups and stuff. But nowadays does anyone even use them anymore? I mean there's no harm in having them but I'd rather see useless junk get either swooped out and cleaned or recycled and given new life. Most likely the former as nowadays if anyone wants to make a group they'd just make it outside of RS.

Also, The forum archives are pretty huge. They've been filled with spam threads and locked threads from years in the past. It's getting hard to kind of find something because of how deep one has to look. It would be nice if someone could maybe clean the archives. Delete most threads that are more than a couple of years old and archive the remaining ones?

So that's just my 2 cents. Of course I'm not saying these changes will encourage new members to come and stay in the forum but It'd probably make the place even cleaner than it already is. Truth be told I personally think the reason there hasn't been much activity is that Forums in general are starting to become a thing of the past and are used less and less but eh. I like it. :)
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

As for the website, we'll have news in the coming months. That will include giving show blogs a more prominent place in the main page for sure.

As for the rest of the stuff, those are some interesting ideas. We'll look into them for sure.
Jamie64326
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Jamie64326 »

Is there a way to implement the favourite button to not show up when on the request section? This way, other than say it's already in the user's favourites, they know straight away that it is in their favourites.
supersega
Level 6
Level 6

Post by supersega »

I would like B-Univ tracks to be added to the playlist! More specifically, their Daytona USA and OutRun ones.
Collection; Neo Geo CD, JVC X'Eye, Model 1 Genesis, Model 2 Genesis, 2 Japanese Saturns, 2 Game Gears in a few thousand pieces, 5 or 8 PS1s (don't judge), 1 PS1 DTL (TOOL, NOT a Yaroze), 1 Gamecube, 1 Wii, 1 Xbox 360, 2 Gameboy Advances, 1 3DS, 1 PS2 TEST that WORKS!!!

Do I have a console addiction?
RapidRun
Level 3
Level 3

Post by RapidRun »

Sure thing! Glad to be of some assistance. ^_^
RapidRun
Level 3
Level 3

Post by RapidRun »

Whooa21 wrote:It seems to be possible, will have a look at it and have a discussion with the rest of the team.
Thanks!

Sure thing! Glad to be of some assistance. ^_^