Suggestions / Ideas for the Radio

Have something to say, or having any issues? Let us know...
supersonicsega
Level 1
Level 1

Post by supersonicsega »

i don't know if i can say this in this forum, but, is it possible to add SONIC BOOM RYSE OF LYRIC soundtracks?
Whooa21
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Whooa21 »

Jamie64326 wrote:Is there a way to implement the favourite button to not show up when on the request section? This way, other than say it's already in the user's favourites, they know straight away that it is in their favourites.
I have been looking into this, recently.
I'll see what I can do when I get time.

EDIT:

*Good news everyone!*
Midwinter
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Midwinter »

Is it still too early to lament that the Top40 show is gone? I still miss this show every week and downloading the show so I could listen while I work out. No offense to any of the other shows, but this was my favorite show every week.

Now my phone supports M3U so I can just listen to the live station when I work out, but there was something fun about listening through the list (I would purposely not pay attention to the top requested songs on the website so I could be surprised each week).

KC - amazing show while it lasted.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Midwinter wrote:Is it still too early to lament that the Top40 show is gone? I still miss this show every week and downloading the show so I could listen while I work out. No offense to any of the other shows, but this was my favorite show every week.

Now my phone supports M3U so I can just listen to the live station when I work out, but there was something fun about listening through the list (I would purposely not pay attention to the top requested songs on the website so I could be surprised each week).

Who knows, we could still have one offs here and there.
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

Midwinter wrote:Is it still too early to lament that the Top40 show is gone? I still miss this show every week and downloading the show so I could listen while I work out. No offense to any of the other shows, but this was my favorite show every week.

Thanks for the kind words! The show in its original format is over, although I'll bring it back every now and then on special occasions (have you listened to the 2015 Edition yet?).

The idea of having a regular show based on the requests chart, however, is something I've been looking into, now that the new rules are up. If you guys want it to happen, let me know. This goes for any other past or off-season shows. Your feedback matters so keep it coming!
Midwinter
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Midwinter »

Yea, listened to the 2015 show.

I vote for the show to return. It would be interesting to see how the new request rules modifies the charts.

I always thinks of Phonebooth Fried Chicken when I think of the Top 40.
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

As I said, if we were to have a chart show again, it would be something different. Starting with the host. :)
Midwinter wrote:I always thinks of Phonebooth Fried Chicken when I think of the Top 40.
Don't forget the sauce packets...
Stay tuned to The Manic Monday Show. Maybe fake ads will make a return soon!
Midwinter
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Midwinter »

I like that the main page news feed is about the Sega music scene and I don't think that should change, but it seems like there could be two other news feeds. One for general Sega news (games, shows, etc...), and maybe even another that details the latest updates at Radio Sega (newest tracks added, etc...) it could be integrated in to the RadioSega Live! Show Blogs box and also detail the latest blog post for the next show to air.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Midwinter wrote:I like that the main page news feed is about the Sega music scene and I don't think that should change, but it seems like there could be two other news feeds. One for general Sega news (games, shows, etc...), and maybe even another that details the latest updates at Radio Sega (newest tracks added, etc...) it could be integrated in to the RadioSega Live! Show Blogs box and also detail the latest blog post for the next show to air.
About the former, while we initially did to news posts about the General SEGA scene, we ultimately decided to cease doing them and let the fellow SEGA fan sites who are much proficient at that kind of content. In my opinion, we are a music content-based site and as a writer who used to do the general news pieces this is much more in tune towards the central theme of this website.

As as for the latter, that is something we've been looking into, to make the Show Blogs and such stand out more on the main page of the site.
Midwinter
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Midwinter »

Thanks for the response! I appreciate it.
TheChaosBlue wrote:About the former, while we initially did to news posts about the General SEGA scene, we ultimately decided to cease doing them and let the fellow SEGA fan sites who are much proficient at that kind of content. In my opinion, we are a music content-based site and as a writer who used to do the general news pieces this is much more in tune towards the central theme of this website.

As as for the latter, that is something we've been looking into, to make the Show Blogs and such stand out more on the main page of the site.