Your Worst Game of 2012

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Your Worst Game of 2012

Post by Kaito-kun »

It's very easy to pick out the games we've enjoy over the past year, but what about the games we absolutely detested?

So, I ask you, what was the worst game you played over that past 12 months? Was it a new release that offended you or was it a so called "classic" that irked you. Share your thoughts! It might be interesting!

Maybe...

For me, I think it may have been Tenchu Z on the 360. Never before have I had a game crash so badly so quickly. What little of it I played was acceptable (not particularly good) but it just felt so poorly made.
Ace_Croft
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Ace_Croft »

Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD

Now I'm a MASSIVE THPS fan and while I've grew to get used to the game physics (and it' becomes enjoyable ONCE you get all stats up >_>) it's just not the THPS game I wanted out of Robomodo (Aka Activision's DIMPS in my eyes) while Neversoft did fantastic releases of THPS (and post THPS series imo) so I felt done over by this game because it felt nothing like the original games (even when they claimed they used the original source code >_>) That's my only worse game of 2012... and it's one of my favourite franchises as well lol.
Come follow my ramblings on Twitter @ www.twitter.com/Ace_Croft
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

Have to agree that THPSHD is pretty bad, the controls just don't feel as fluid as they have done and it feels a bit chunky. I'd rather fire up THUG2/THPS3 over this any day as they play so much better.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Lollipop Chainsaw for a game the focuses on combat they sure made it as boring as hell, its also got one of the worse camera's I've ever used in a game ever. Rune Facotry Oceans was also another bad one, the combat just came down to mashing the same button and enimes didn't put up much of a challenge
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Gonic wrote:Rune Facotry Oceans was also another bad one, the combat just came down to mashing the same button and enimes didn't put up much of a challenge
A friend of mine gave that to me yesterday. I haven't played it yet but based on that do you think he might be mad at me? Or do you think he perhaps considers me a simple lad...?
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Kaito-kun wrote:A friend of mine gave that to me yesterday. I haven't played it yet but based on that do you think he might be mad at me? Or do you think he perhaps considers me a simple lad...?
I can understand why people like the game, so no i don't think he's mad at you or find you simple
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Atelier Meruru just about outs Paper Mario Sticker Star as being really awful. Paper Mario may have messed with the mechanics which ruin the game, but some of the systems such as action commands are still in making combat fun even if you do just end up wasting stickers.

Atelier Meruru on the other hand just has really boring combat. The alchemy thing seems like a good idea but is somewhat ruined by a rather meh UI. It's graphically okay, but suffers from the same living puppet animations a lot of JRPGs suffer from this gen.

Notable Mentions (that may have won had I wasted money on the full game and not just played the demo): Resident Evil 6 and Amy.

Also I hate you for saying Tenchu Z
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Reknoc wrote:
Also I hate you for saying Tenchu Z
I tend to avoid bad games/uninteresting games and I had to pick something I had played this year! Sorry...
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Kaito-kun wrote:I tend to avoid bad games/uninteresting games and I had to pick something I had played this year! Sorry...

It's okay, I understand. The game is terrible, I just have to love it because it's the only Ninja sim in existence outside of the previous Tenchus (ruined by goofy supernatural elements) and Red Ninja (ruined by being awful).
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

I quite enjoyed Lollipop Chainsaw :(

Worst game I've played this year is probably Superman Returns. I remember working at GAME when an EA rep came in to show off the newest trailers of games they were releasing, Superman being one of them. The major selling point for the game was that it wouldn't be releasing alongside the film, but would come out alongside the DVD release, giving the developers an extra 6 months to polish the game and make it as good as they possibly could.

Now - go and play the demo, and think to yourself "How shit was this game going to be if it was released 6 months sooner?" Absolutely terrible waste of a disc.