Sonic: Lost World (Wii U/3DS)

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

mtwinny wrote:If it's related to the plot, we don't even know what the plot will be about, only the guy responsible for its script will determine that.
Exactly, hence why we can't make any more accurate predictions regarding the name just yet.

Assuming of course that any of this is true. I'd be most amused if next month SEGA sent out a press release with a statement that reads similar to the follow:

"Due to the rampant over-saturation of the franchise, we at SEGA have decided to place the "Sonic The Hedgehog" franchise on a temporary hiatus for the foreseeable future. During this time we intend to focus our efforts on creating new IPs as well as reviving classic SEGA franchises, including Shenmue and Jet Set Radio."

Of course, this won't happen but I'd laugh if it did.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Kaito-kun wrote:Exactly, hence why we can't make any more accurate predictions regarding the name just yet.

Assuming of course that any of this is true. I'd be most amused if next month SEGA sent out a press release with a statement that reads similar to the follow:

"Due to the rampant over-saturation of the franchise, we at SEGA have decided to place the "Sonic The Hedgehog" franchise on a temporary hiatus for the foreseeable future. During this time we intend to focus our efforts on creating new IPs as well as reviving classic SEGA franchises, including Shenmue and Jet Set Radio."

Of course, this won't happen but I'd laugh if it did.
This. So much.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Remember last time sonic got rebooted? We ended up with Sonic'06 :P Thank god this wasn't canon xD (not like i care for the plot of sonic games)
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

A reboot that got rebooted. Yet referenced in full glory via Crisis City in Generations. XD
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

If they title was based on the script the games would all just be called Sonic Skip.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Reknoc wrote:If they title was based on the script the games would all just be called Sonic Skip.
Or just Sonic Eh.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Reknoc wrote:If they title was based on the script the games would all just be called Sonic Skip.
TheChaosBlue wrote:Or just Sonic Eh.
Or Sonic "Gameplay-That-Feels-Like-Barreling-Through-Heroes-And-ShtH-With-Bunch-Of-Other-Characters"
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

The other characters thing is pretty worrying, hopefully it's more like Tails/Knuckles on Sonic 3 than other characters in the the Adventure games.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

I don't mind other characters as long as they're FUN to play as and are RELATED to the story and its progress.
Atrias
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Atrias »

Quills on Wheels wrote:I don't mind other characters as long as they're FUN to play as and are RELATED to the story and its progress.
Agreed, less arbitrary characters is a must, the series has been diluted with a deluge of amateurs!!

Maybe its just me but this news smells a little of SA3, but the multiple routes etc makes me think of Shadow The Hedgehog *shudder*