Sonic: Lost World (Wii U/3DS)

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Dr Shaneman wrote:Since when did "include" mean "debut"?
Ah, my mistake; I misread "included" as "introduced"
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Quills on Wheels wrote:I'm also thinking about what if Sega's planning a reboot after all?

I mean, there had been rumors of a Sonic the Hedgehog Reboot since last year for 2013. While chances of this are very low and I don't really want a reboot myself, it IS something that could happen.
What'd be the difference.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Eh, I don't know on a reboot. I kinda like the current direction to last for at least a couple more entries; the gameplay mechanics in the previous three were ok to me.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Starlight
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Starlight »

I wonder what the name of the new Sonic game is?

Could they be lazy again and just call it "Sonic the Hedgehog" for a third time or will it be called something along the rumours of Dimensions?
Twinny
News Team
News Team

Post by Twinny »

Starlight wrote:I wonder what the name of the new Sonic game is?Could they be lazy again and just call it "Sonic the Hedgehog" for a third time or will it be called something along the rumours of Dimensions?
Given the basis of what the description of gameplay back at the start of the this thread, it's kinda iffy on the "Dimensions" name. Plus remember the whole thing concerning that name when a debunked rumor started?

Starlight
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Starlight »

I don't know really, I would have guessed that they may have something with the Dimensions naming.

They could also call it something akin to a reboot like Sonic Returns or something.

I really have no idea what the next name will be really.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

SEGA can damn-near name it anything; usually these days the name is likely dependent on the 'gimmick' or 'feature' of the game.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Regarding the title, if there's one thing we can be sure of, it's that the title will involve the word "Sonic" in the title.

Based on recent offerings it'll be "Sonic [Random Word Vaguely Related to the Plot]" akin to "Sonic Unleashed", "Sonic Colours" and "Sonic Generations"
Twinny
News Team
News Team

Post by Twinny »

If it's related to the plot, we don't even know what the plot will be about, only the guy responsible for its script will determine that.

TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

mtwinny wrote:If it's related to the plot, we don't even know what the plot will be about, only the guy responsible for its script will determine that.
No, Sonic Team/SEGA will determine that. I though the script writer just, you know, writes the dialogue for the characters in relation to the plot. But hey, we got one half of the title correct, right?